School-Aged Children

**Penguingrrl**

I wasn't sure what board to page you on. :)

Have you decided on an infant carseat? I'm thinking I want one with a 32" limit so it will get us through the whole 1st winter. (DD1 hit 32" by 1 year, DD2 was 13-14 months.) Right now I'm looking at the Graco Snugride 35 or the Safety 1st OnBoard. Do you have any other recommendations?

Im thinking we'll pair it with the Graco Room2Grow double stroller.  

Annalise Marie 05.29.06
Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
Emmeline Grace 03.27.13

Re: **Penguingrrl**

• Our snugride doesn't expire until Dec '13 so we'll be reusing that until s/he is ready to move to Emma's radian, at which time she'll move either to a frontier or parkway booster (depending on maturity since she'll already be 4 and is 39" and 40 lbs now!). We don't use the infant seat very long because our two hated it, so I envision using it with a shower-cap style carrier until the warm weather then seeing what we want to do and this is our last baby, so not buying a new one!

I'm not sure what's out there right now since I haven't been looking. Sorry!

How are you feeling? I'm soooo tired, which is rough when chasing 2 kids around!

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I gave our Snugride (22 lb version) away last winter, and it expired in the spring anyway. I've been kind of obsessed with looking at baby gear. I think I'm trying to process things, and I have no one to talk to about it. DH isn't interested, and we haven't told the girls yet. My 1st appointment isn't until Sept 11th...

Ive been feeling good so far. I'm not as hungry, which is good since I'm attempting not to gain 50+ lbs this time. The girls have been much naughtier than usual the last week, so I'm really wondering how I'm going to handle 3.

Have you told your DDs yet? 

Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • Loading the player...
  • We told them last week and they're so excited! We told them "mommy has a baby in her belly" and Emma lifted up my dress trying to see! And now Julia tells everyone she sees (including telling friends of mine I hadn't had a chance to tell yet!). I tell early though because if I don't have a glass of wine rumors fly anyway....

Not as hungry is good, I was almost never hungry with Emma. This time I'm feeling hungry, and turned off from fruits and veggies, which is a problem! I want carbs only, which is bad lol! 

And yeah, I've been wondering how I'm going to handle 3 as well, but I wondered the same going from 1-2, so I figure I'll find my rhythm!

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagepenguingrrl:

We told them last week and they're so excited! We told them "mommy has a baby in her belly" and Emma lifted up my dress trying to see! And now Julia tells everyone she sees (including telling friends of mine I hadn't had a chance to tell yet!). I tell early though because if I don't have a glass of wine rumors fly anyway....

Not as hungry is good, I was almost never hungry with Emma. This time I'm feeling hungry, and turned off from fruits and veggies, which is a problem! I want carbs only, which is bad lol! 

And yeah, I've been wondering how I'm going to handle 3 as well, but I wondered the same going from 1-2, so I figure I'll find my rhythm!

That is the exact reason I gained so much weight with my first two!

That's great that they're so happy about the baby. I've been asking mine if they might want another baby someday, and they both say they do. I can't wait to tell them for real. DH wants to wait so they don't tell everyone else. (My sister found out because I refused a glass of wine with dinner the other night. ;-) )

Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • hahaha to how your sister figured out! My sister figured out I was pregnant with Emma before I had a positive test because I turned down a cup of coffee. I'm normally a huge coffee drinker but have a wicked aversion during pregnancy. I wasn't in the mood for coffee and my sister was like "you're pregnant, you're so pregnant!" Two days later I got a BFP lol!
  • Just stopping by to say congrats. 
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"