September 2012 Moms
Options

My boys are here!

Sorry I have had no updates since my water broke last Friday.   Life has been interesting.

Here is a hopefully brief story of my boys birth:

On Friday as I posted my water for one baby broke.   I was not in labor so I was admitted to the hospital and it was decided that since I was not dilated at all, there was no risk of infection and we would hold the boys inside me a few more days and they would induce on Wednesday.   Well the boys had their own plan.  On Sunday I started having 8-10 minute long really strong contractions.  They were not regular so I was told I was still not in labor.  They were once every hour or so and so no one thought anything about it.  They said it is common when your water breaks and your uterus becomes very agitated causing long hard contractions that are not labor.   This continued through Monday.  Sometimes having as many as 3 per hour but the closest was 16 minutes apart.   I was in so much pain and they could give me nothing because of the babies heart rates and I was not in labor.   At about 2:45 on Monday afternoon my OB was making rounds and when she came in I lost it crying saying I could not contract like this until Wed and then go through so much when it was the "real thing".  She said "let's take a look and maybe you are ready to start real labor."   That is when life exploded!

Next thing I hear OMG there is no cervix.   You are 10 cm and +2 station and ready to push.  From there a million people came in the room.  We had to get dad there from work.  I was rushed to OR, given the epidural for pushing and to be prepared because all of the sudden baby B was breech and they might have to do a c-section.  Dad made it on time and 9 pushes after my epidural was in Logan Christopher joined us weighing 4 lbs 1 oz 17in.   3 minutes later and breech extraction Hunter Michael joined us weighing 4 lbs 5 oz and 18.5 in.   It was such a crazy weekend but with a very good ending.  Both boys only used nasal oxygen until Tuesday night and are now fully breathing on their own.  We are starting feedings today and hopefully they will only be in the NICU for about 2 weeks. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: My boys are here!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"