February 2012 Moms
Options

NBR: give me an idea for a good appetizer for a BBQ

We are attending DHs company BBQ this weekend, and we are supposed to bring an app. There will be about 25 people there. Tri-tip is being BBQd, people are bringing salads and desserts. I have checked Pinterest, but I can't seem to get inspired. Any favorites you want to share? All ideas are appreciated!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: NBR: give me an idea for a good appetizer for a BBQ

• Options
    DH make a really yummy trifle dessert. It is layers of chocolate pudding, cool whip and crumbled chocolate chip cookies. So simple but always a hit!
    Lilypie - (JrNi)

Lilypie - (y35Q)

• Options
    Hot Corn Dip, 7 Layer Dip, Buffalo Chicken Dip, Fruit Skewers??
    11 months old! #andintoeverything
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Deviled eggs
  • Options
    I make a really easy cheese dip.  You take a sourdough bread bowl and hollow it out and make a mixture of 2 cups mayo (I use low fat), 2 cups of shredded Italian cheese blend (1 package is 2 cups), and 2 cups of chopped onions.  Mix those ingredients all up, put it in the hollow bread bowl, cover with tinfoil and put in the oven on 350 for 40 minutes.  After 40 minutes take the tinfoil off and leave it in for 20 more minutes so the top gets brown.  Serve it with the bread that you scooped out and tostito chips or whatever else.
  • Options

I love this! I've made it about 5 or 6 times since fathers day weekend. I can eat this all day long.

https://allrecipes.com/recipe/chinese-broccoli-slaw/detail.aspx

• Options

This is good too, and you can use any veggies that you want on top.  I use all low fat or non-fat ingredients and it's still delicious.

https://allrecipes.com/recipe/vegetable-pizza-i/

• Options

I love to take pretzel sticks and put a cheese cube on them. Then, I add either a ham cube, a strawberry slice, or a pineapple chunk. (or do some of all three varieties.) People rave over these simple little kabobs. I just suggest making them before you go... if you make them a day ahead, your pretzels will get soggy. :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    212 Facebook Admin.
  • Options

DH makes something like this:

https://www.cooks.com/rec/doc/0,161,146160-255205,00.html

Though he adds worcestershire sauce to the cream cheese, and serves it with Fritos. It's really good.

• Options
    We get some large cherry tomatoes, scoop out the middle, and fill with pesto and a small square of fresh mozzarella.  It's yummy, but can be tricky if you can't find big enough tomatoes. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• Options

Bacon wrapped figs- wrap in bacon and cook in the oven. Sometimes I sprinkle a little brown sugar on top before I cook. YUM. They're good at room temp as well

Caprese skewers- A toothpick skewering a little mozzarella, cherry tomato, and basil leaf. Put them all on a platter and then drizzle with some balsamic reduction

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"