June 2011 Moms
Options

Fruit and Veggie Smoothie

Has anyone tried giving their LO a fruit/veggie smoothie to "sneak" in the veggies?  If so, what did you include in the smoothie?  And how did your LO like it? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Fruit and Veggie Smoothie

• Options

Those little pouches are the equivalant of baby crack.  Many of them have fruit/veggie purees.

• Options
    imageSunidaze:

Those little pouches are the equivalant of baby crack.  Many of them have fruit/veggie purees.

That is true! Haha.  My son eats those with no problems,  I guess im still trying to push more veggies because we will not eat them solid.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I have tried them. LO really only wants water and milk, but she enjoyed it for a little while.

I forget the brand, but DH found an organic smoothie mix at the store (either Walmart or Publix) that contains both fruit and veggies. It also had less sugar than the major brands. Also, the package said to make the mix with apple juice, which I absolutely refused to do (sugar reasons). I used whole milk instead.

You can also just make your own smoothies for LO- use whole milk, ice, and whatever fruits and veggies you prefer. I have heard that carrots and spinach mix in well. 

GL

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagemagnoliablossom00:

I have tried them. LO really only wants water and milk, but she enjoyed it for a little while.

I forget the brand, but DH found an organic smoothie mix at the store (either Walmart or Publix) that contains both fruit and veggies. It also had less sugar than the major brands. Also, the package said to make the mix with apple juice, which I absolutely refused to do (sugar reasons). I used whole milk instead.

You can also just make your own smoothies for LO- use whole milk, ice, and whatever fruits and veggies you prefer. I have heard that carrots and spinach mix in well. 

GL

Thanks!  I planned to make my own with whole milk, yogurt, carrots, green peas, banana, and maybe strawberries. 

• Options
    imagecfs101:
    imagemagnoliablossom00:

GL

Thanks!  I planned to make my own with whole milk, yogurt, carrots, green peas, banana, and maybe strawberries. 

Maybe just 1 fruit and 1 veggie.

• Options

My LO has a smoothie for breakfast almost everyday.  My basic mix is whole milk yogurt, whole milk, and a banana.  Then I add fruit (usually frozen to make it cold) and usually spinach.  It blends right in and she loves them.  Once I made one with strawberries and some leftover steamed carrots and she liked it too.

• Options
    Oh and I have been meaning to try and substitute an avocado for the banana but I haven't tried it yet.
  • Options

I make them for myself all the time- Maya will eat them off a spoon but won't really drink them from a cup (she only wants water in her cups- she still won't drink milk).

I usually use spinach and sometimes carrots as well.  I tried kale and it was too vegetable-y for my taste.  Fruit-wise I love using frozen blue berries, strawberries, peaches, and bananas.  I've also experimented with kiwi, mango, and pineapple.  I usually use 2-3 different fruits at once.  I use milk sometimes and sometimes without.  I also make one with milk, spinach, a frozen banana, and peanut butter, and occasionally add some frozen berries- a play on pb and jelly (I love it, DH hates this one).  Sometimes I toss in ground flax seeds too.

• Options
    So far, I've just done spinach and fruit (any combination of strawberries, blueberries, banana and peach). I add whole milk and greek yogurt for protein.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

imagejcsumm0:
    Oh and I have been meaning to try and substitute an avocado for the banana but I haven't tried it yet.

It's really good! we do avocado a lot (its one of the few foods lexi won't eat for some reason) and she loves it in a smoothie!  

photo image_zps90e45ea2.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Liv loves "green smoothies!" I make them into popsicles especially lately that it's been so hot. My green smoothies are packed with spinach kale and lots of berries. Yum!
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"