August 2012 Moms
Options

4 cm dilated and 80% effaced?

This is my first baby.... my doc said last Thurs that I was 4 cm dilated and 80% effaced. She also said she didn't think I would make it through the weekend.... well, hello Sunday night! How long can I go being 4 cm dilated?! I'm not due until August 20, but.... SO ready and anxious!!
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: 4 cm dilated and 80% effaced?

• Options
    My sister went a week overdue @ 4cm. I hope you don't have to wait too much longer!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    How long was she dilated that much? Do you know?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageLexiEmma:
    How long was she dilated that much? Do you know?

A full week. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I was 4cm and 80% for a week with my first. I went in to my next appt and was 6cm no contractions and ended up in labor later that night.

This time I was 5cm no contractions and my Dr went ahead and sent me over to the hospital and broke my water.

Not much longer for you hopefully!  

Wife. Boy mom x6. Expecting #7. Wannabe homesteader.
    , 💙💙💙💙💙💙
  • Options
    I have been almost at 4cm and 80% effaced for a week at least... I'm due on wed so we shall see how much longer :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I was 4cm for two weeks with my son, from 40w-42w. So plenty dilated for weeks before that as well.

I don't appreciate dr's predicting labor dates - they just. don't. know.  Try to just focus on the pain-free progress/dilation you have already made and be happy for that!! Baby will come when he/she comes!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    I was 4 cm dilated and 80% effaced at 36w2d and had my little girl that day. So everyone is different. The past 10 days with her have been the best of my life! Good luck to you and I wish you a healthy delivery. 
  • Options
    Did she say how low LO is? The station? that has a lot to do w/it too
    "When the first baby laughed for the first time, the laugh broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about, and that was the beginning of fairies." Sir James Barrie in Peter Pan

DS: 11/1/2010    DD: 8/9/2012       #3: 4/2019
  • Options

Glad your cervix has progressed so much before your EDD!  But... my best friend was dilated to 4cm and 100% effaced with her DS for two weeks before having to be induced around her EDD.  She was almost 6cm and 100% effaced for two weeks with her DD before having to be induced a couple of days before her EDD. 

Hang in there as you still have a couple of weeks until you're "due"  Smile 

~Sweet Girl *8/18/08* c-section ~ Sweet Boy *12/2/10* VBAC ~ Sweet Boy *8/14/12* VBAC~ 

VBAC Birth Story    2VBAC Birth Story  

• Options
    Ive been 4 cm for 3.5 wks. 2 wks I was 50% and now I'm 75%. Lots of contractions. Still waiting...
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"