Postpartum Depression
Options

New and drs tomorrow

I have been lurking on here for a few weeks now and I thought it was about time to introduce myself.  I am 1 month pp now and have been feeling "down" since I left the hospital.  I called my dr this past week to get in.  I kept hoping I would feel better and it was just the baby blues, but I don't think it is.  I keep having imense fits of guilt and sadness followed by thoughts of not being good enough and being super overwhelmed- I haven't even been alone with my 2 dds yet; my mom moved in for the summer.  I had pretty severe postpartum hemorraging in the hospital and lost half of my blood.  Bonding with my new LO has been slow going because I have been so out of it from the blood loss, which leads me to feel like my dd doesn't love me or even like me and only comes to me because I am bfing.  I also feel like my older DD would rather be with my mom than see me at all.  I just want to feel better.  I know this isn't me.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: New and drs tomorrow

• Options
    Im so sorry you are having a hard time. You are not alone. 
  • Options
    Hi and welcome to the board.  I'm sorry to hear you have been feeling so down.  I feel that same way sometimes - guilty and not feeling good enough.  Good for you for calling the dr, that was definitely the right thing to do.  I hope your appt goes well and you start feeling back to you soon.  Good luck to you.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker photo c15e5de6-d798-4a98-9644-9987af04720b_zpsa920caa6.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Glad you called your doctor and recognized that you weren't being yourself. it's hard to do because you just want to pretend its not happening, or at least that's how I felt. I also felt "not good enough". L had colic for 8 weeks and reflux which made me feel helpless to her. The crying got to me because I didn't feel like I was doing what she needed. I also felt recently that she liked DH better and felt my bad energy or something. Now that finally the meds are working I have these feelings almost resolved. Hang in there!  

Lillian April 17, 2012
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"