September 2012 Moms

Does your ribcage "shrink back"?

Throughout this pregnancy, my ribcage has expanded (according to my bra band size) by 4+ inches.  I know cup size fluctuates with nursing etc, but will I ever be back to my pre-pregnancy band size?  If so, any idea how quickly that happens? 
imageimage
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Does your ribcage "shrink back"?

• I'm a FTM, but I think it does, I'm not sure how quickly though. I say this because my SIL has 3 kids and wears a 32H or something crazy like that.   I'm sure if it didn't go back down she wouldn't be in a 32.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm a FTM too but I asked a few friends and they say it is possible to go back to norm, but it takes time and everyone is different. 

Good question OP. I wanted to know if I'll fit into my regular bras again. 

photo photo_zps4ea6bdf2.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Based on anecdotal evidence, you will be able to wear your old band size within a year depending on all the usual factors.

• Mine went back to my normal size really quickly (like within 6 weeks I think). It's weird because this time my rib cage didn't expand at all.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagePrncesWife:
    Mine went back to my normal size really quickly (like within 6 weeks I think). It's weird because this time my rib cage didn't expand at all.

Cool!  I knew a lot of things shift back into position post-baby but wasn't sure if ribs were included.

imageimage
  • Mine did. It went from being 31 to 36 and went back down but only after I lost all the weight.  This pregnancy it's only gotten bigger by an inch or so.
  • hmp1hmp1 member
    I went back to the same size I was pp. I dropped the pregnancy weight fairly quickly but it took longer for my body shape to go back. I think I was pp weight around 4-6 months but wasn't my same body shape/measurements for closer to a year. With the exception of wearing nursing bras, I never changed bras throughout my pregnancy or after. I was just a little fuller (same this time too).

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• Yes, it does.  I'm usually a 32dd and with my last pregnancy I ended up in a 36 band.  When I got fit for one nursing bra at 37 weeks I was in a 36.  Within a month or so that band was waaaay to loose.  Don't remember all the details of how long it took after that, maybe a couple months, but I did go back to my pre pregnancy size.  So far, the same thing is happening to me again.   I'm very short, though, so I really don't have much of a torso and this baby is right in my ribs. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • By maybe 10 months out I was actually in a smaller band size than pre-pregnancy. :)
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes, mine went back down to a 34 after each pregnancy.
    Dexter 08/31/2012~Summer 07/25/2011~Jack 10/21/2008~Aaron 08/12/2007
  • My OB/friend warned me that my ribcage might expand and not go back. She said after her first she could never wear some of her dresses that zipped up and were form fitting because of that. So...who knows. I think it's like feet. Some people never go back to their original size and some people see no change at all.
    photo d55cd10d-0c40-4454-aba7-d1fb776cb4ff_zpsd847719c.jpg

Married my love 6/11/11 | MMC 10/11/11 | Eliza Frances born 9/18/12 | Rhett Garland born 2/24/14 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"