Blended Families
Options

need to b!tch

Oldest SS's birthday came and went without a phone call or card from BM.  I get annoyed by her 3-times per year calling as it is, but I'm beyond pissed that she didn't even call my son on his birthday.  Who the f does she think she is that she can ignore him like that?

Ugh, thanks for reading.  I can't vent this IRL because most people would think I'm nuts for being annoyed that she doesn't call.  I guess I'd be annoyed either way, but that she could be so cold to someone I love is worse than dealing with her b.s. phone calls.

Stay at home mom to a house of boys: two amazing stepsons, 12 and 9, and our 4 year old.

Re: need to b!tch

• Options
    I'm sorry :( I do know how you feel because I felt the same way when BM didn't call on DSS's birthday. She claimed it was against her religion to celebrate birthdays. She did manage to text DH on HIS birthday, though. I just don't understand BMs who don't care about their children!

"To be able to practice five things everywhere under heaven constitutes perfect virtue...gravity, generosity of soul, sincerity, earnestness, and kindness."
  • Options
    I understand.  BM didn't call SS1 on his birthday.  She didn't request visitation this year.  She hasn't seen either of them in over a year.  I feel badly for the boys especially SS1.  He still views her as a good person and gets so hurt by her actions.  SS2 ignores her.
    together since 2006
    full time stepmom to SS1 and SS2 since 2010
    married since 2011

TTC since 7/2011 (no planned bc since 2008)
    HSG 11/2011: one blocked tube
    S/A 2/2012 and retest S/A 3/2012: normal
    Bloodwork: normal
    2nd HSG 5/2012: clear
    Femara cycle 5mg #1 7/14/12 + IUI #1 7/23/12 = bfn
    New RE appt 8/14/12
    IVF #1 meds 8/30/12. ER 9/14/2012: 7 retrieved, 6 fertilized. ET 9/19/12: 1 perfect embryo 5dt.
    Beta #1 BFP! 97
    Beta #2 234
    Beta #3 4937
    ultrasound #1 heart beat 127
    10/20/12 graduated!!!
    EDD 6/7/12
    Team PINK!!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My ex doesn't call my kids on their birthdays. It never stops hurting but they don't expect it anymore. I've never understood how this man could just walk away from two amazing kids who loved him so much. Even though he was never a good or especially present father (not even a good person) they loved him very much.

I don't think you are nuts for being annoyed at her for not calling. With my kids it actually got easier after he completely stopped all contact. EDIT At least the kids have you in their lives to love and care for them.

• Options

I definitely get the being annoyed either way, as awful as it is ;). At least he has you, and hopefully he isn't too terribly affected by it. How old is he?

EDIT: I saw your siggy, he's 11. 

• Options
    what a B!tch.. im in the same boat BM doesnt even call my SS .. and was all hurt when they didnt wanna go for mothers day and told her they wanted to celebrate it with me... it was like HA!! IN YOUR FACE! moment.. but kept it cool.. my boys have been through such heartbreak they dont need her BS! i get mad too but oh well her loss..
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagetwister22:

I definitely get the being annoyed either way, as awful as it is ;). At least he has you, and hopefully he isn't too terribly affected by it. How old is he?

EDIT: I saw your siggy, he's 11. 

I get this too. And I understand how painful and frustrating it is. It's like how hard is it to pick up the phone and call your kid? It's your child for gods sake.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"