Potty Training
Options

PT 22 month old with major good/bad days

Hello and HELP!!

I'm about 10 days into PT my 22 month old son and I'm loosely following 3 day PT guide.  Overall he has done so well and bad days have been Day 7 and today, Day 10.  Since Day 2 we really had not had any full pee accidents until bad days mentioned above. 

We are only using diapers at night and I'm not ready to change this so it's not an option for now.   He is in underwear for naps. I'm due with my second in 2 weeks so I'm really trying to get this done in the most positive and effective way possible,

Is it common to have hiccups like this?  I am okay with dribbles but he literally had full pees on the floor 4 times today which is more than any other day since we began and one was right in front of me.  He didn't verbalize or give signs but was talking about wanting water at the moment he did it so I swear I didn't miss an obvious cue.

I know he's not emptying his bladder each time we sit on the potty and thats also frustrating.  I can't/won't force him to stay on potty and I don't think introducing games while on potty seems that effective for his personality to make him sit longer and go. 

To sum it up, 2 major issues are not emptying bladder and just bad days scattered about.   Any advice would be great!  Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"