February 2012 Moms
Options

I know it's not MIL Monday but...

My MIL is so flipping annoying.  

We are refinancing our house and so, it is getting reappraised tomorrow. DH suggested that FIL come up and be here while the appraiser is here in case DS needs to nurse and just, in general, to make me more comfortable.  Not a problem.  In fact, I welcome the gesture.   MIL works one day a week.  Wednesdays.  EVERY week.  She can NEVER take off because she has patients.  What do you know, somehow she is not working tomorrow so she can come up during the appraisal.  This is during DS' nap time and she keeps saying she can't wait to play with him.  No, he won't be playing, he'll be sleeping.  I'm so bugged.  I know it doesn't seem like a big deal but she is ALWAYS trying to butt in and invite herself places when she's not really welcome.  Funny thing is, DS screams every time he sees her (and does it for NO one else).  So, if DS is napping, I'll get to entertain her the whole time the appraiser is here.  Great... what fun conversations we will have.  Her badgering me with questions, me continually answering "I'm not sure". 

Vent over. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I know it's not MIL Monday but...

• Options
    Can I vent about mine, too? My MIL very much prefers our niece (who is almost three). BIL and his baby mama are very irresponsible parents, and MIL had a lot to do with raising niece for the first year, so I totally understand that she will always have a closer relationship with niece than with Kitty. But she makes it so freaking obvious that it kills me. She's been in another state visiting her boyfriend for a month. Last weekend dh, kitty and I took a short road trip together with FIL and he was updating us on mil's texts about her trip. (they are still close.) Every text said something about how much she missed niece, to the point where she said she was feeling physically ill from missing her. Not a single word about Kitty. FIL eventually caught himself and said something about how they worry about niece and it's nice to not have to worry about Kitty. I appreciate that he at least tried to cover it up, but it's not like this is new to me. MIL sees Kitty every few weeks usually, and keeps niece at least three days a week during the summer. Every. Time. I. See. Her. She tells me how much she misses niece the second she picks up Kitty and then spends the rest of the time comparing Kitty to niece. I am really going to flip out on her if this is still going on when Kitty is old enough to notice.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"