October 2011 Moms
Options

BF'ing/Supply question

I have been one of the lucky ones and have never had any problems bf'ing. I always pump (both sides) every morning after L eats, and I use to be able to pump quite a bit. In the last few weeks I haven't been pumping very much at all. Today it was barely  half an ounce! I nurse him 4-6 times a day, and he doesn't usually eat for very long. He seems to be satisfied and is still getting many wet diapers. I drink a ton of water still, any ideas why I'm not producing much in the morning anymore? Or anyone having a similiar experience?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: BF'ing/Supply question

• Options
    The exact same thing happened to me about 6 weeks ago. I ended up retiring the pump. I tried a lot of things to get things to pick up but no dice. I still nurse 5ish times a day.
  • Options
    I pump a lot less then I use to, but ds is taking less bm. He was taking 4 six oz bottles at daycare and now he is only taking one or two bottles while at daycare. Maybe your lo is taking less milk and now your body is adjusting?

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options

it could be your body adjusting. 

have you POAS?  this is what happened to me before my BFP.

photo IMG_3757_zps3e266e57.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker "Sometimes I am two people. Johnny is the nice one. Cash causes all the trouble. They fight." - Johnny Cash
  • Options
    I have not, but we haven't had sex in like 2 months, so i highly doubt thats it, although I have considered going out an buying one just in case!
  • Options
    Maybe you're getting AF. My supply dipped wayyyyy low last week and I sort of freaked out, then I started spotting yesterday (I have an iud), which explains it. Things seem to have picked back up.
    July 20th, 2012: Never forget the day the fb douchebags tried so hard, but ultimately failed. Viva la October 2011! Yeah, I called you douchebags.

BFP 1/18/11, EDD 10/1/11. Born at 37w5d on 9/15/11. AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***BFP Chart***

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

• Options

imagelyfojl726:
    I have not, but we haven't had sex in like 2 months, so i highly doubt thats it, although I have considered going out an buying one just in case!

LOL, I would think it's safe to bet you're not pregnant, but you know that sperms tricky sometimes. I use to pump 25 to 30 oz at work and some days now I don't even pump 10 oz. I haven't had to supplement, I always have enough for ds to take to daycare still now, he's just eating more solids and taking less milk. He nurses 3 or 4 times when I am home all day. 

• Options
    imageWineBaby22:

imageHappyAardvark:
    Maybe you're getting AF. My supply dipped wayyyyy low last week and I sort of freaked out, then I started spotting yesterday (I have an iud), which explains it. Things seem to have picked back up.

Ditto.

I forgot about damn AF. My supply is also the worst then. 

• Options
    Same here about 4 weeks ago, but she's eating a ton of solids a day, but because I couldn't pump enough for her to have when I'm away she's getting some formula, and I give her what I do pump, our freezer stash is gone too :( She still nurses at least 3 times/day (except today b/c I was away all day) and has 1 or 2 bottles of formula (4-6oz)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    LCassLCass member
    This happened to me a while ago, although I also wasn't pumping regularly (SAHM at the moment, so there isn't often a need).  Now I'm a bit worried because we're going away so I won't have my (small) freezer stash to rely on.  Hope I'm able to pump a little while we're gone so that we have a couple of bottles on hand.

BFP #1: July 12, 2010 Natural M/C: July 26, 2010

BFP #2: January 30 ,2011 Born: September 29, 2011

BFP #3: January 5, 2013 Born: August 25, 2013

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=&CT=&CG=F&O=m_sleep4&T=t_b22&D=20110929&M1=&D1=&T2=Our+Rosh+Hashanah+baby!&T1=Lily&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=A&SC=green

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=&CT=&CG=F&O=m_baby7&T=t_b14&D=20130825&M1=&D1=&T2=&T1=Sammy&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=A&SC=green

• Options

your pump isn't a good indicator of how much your baby gets when you BF, so I wouldn't let that worry you.  (Have you replaced your membranes, though? you might need to)

at this point they're starting to reduce the breastmilk they take significantly, so I'm sure you're fine.

I notice what feels like my supply dipping for a few days but it always bounces back. If he seems unsatisfied, then I'd be worried, but it sounds like you guys are doing great.

• Options
    imagejonnygurl76:

it could be your body adjusting. 

have you POAS?  this is what happened to me before my BFP.

Dun Dun Dun....

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageWineBaby22:

imageHappyAardvark:

Ditto.

This, and I can tell when I ovulate because I get mittleshmertz (sp??) and my supply tanks.
  • Options
    imagealiciaroset:

your pump isn't a good indicator of how much your baby gets when you BF, so I wouldn't let that worry you.  (Have you replaced your membranes, though? you might need to)

at this point they're starting to reduce the breastmilk they take significantly, so I'm sure you're fine.

I notice what feels like my supply dipping for a few days but it always bounces back. If he seems unsatisfied, then I'd be worried, but it sounds like you guys are doing great.

I have a First Years miPump, do they have membranes?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"