August 2012 Moms
Options

Call to change appt next week?

So, I will be 37 weeks next week and my doctor is out of town for the week. Due to about 3 weeks of contractions and beginning signs of labor, he wants me to be seen by another OB in the practice while he is out of town. He will be back for my 38 week appointment. I have no problem being seen by another OB but when we made the appointment I told him specifically I didn't want this one OB. Well, I didn't put the face to the name and got home and realized that he booked me with the one OB I didn't want. I had a horrible experience with her 3 years ago when I miscarried and really just don't want to be seen by her.

Would you call and reschedule with another OB or just suck it up for the one appointment? I am really hoping now that I don't go into labor next week because I don't want her to deliver me. Ugg what to do?

Advice?

Re: Call to change appt next week?

• Options
    imageBayleighPaws:

I would call and reschedule, but I'm incredibly, incredibly over-sensetive right now.   Going in with a previous bad experience would just set me over the edge and I'd wind up being either a total ***, or crying the whole time.

It cannot hurt to try and reschdule.  It's better to be comfortable.

Agreed.  You could maybe even see if you could meet with the nurse practitioner, instead.  My OB wasn't available for my 37 week appt so I'm seeing her NP instead.

"To be able to practice five things everywhere under heaven constitutes perfect virtue...gravity, generosity of soul, sincerity, earnestness, and kindness."
  • Options
    I would at least call and try to reschedule with someone else. I hope your doc is back for your delivery!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Considering I switched out of a practice because of a Dr. I didn't like....I don't think there is anything wrong with rescheduling.

~after 34 cycles we finally got our 2nd little bundle of joy~
    My IF blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Yep, call to reschedule. Not worth it to go through the appt with someone you already know is bad for you!
  • Options
    You could definitely try to reschedule, but if your appointments are like mine, they are so quick and uneventful that i wouldn't stress too much about having just one with a doc you don't like.
  • Options

This same thing happened to me. My doctor was out of town for my 37 week appointment and I posted asking if I should skip it because the office was incredibly hard to get a hold of, and everyone said I should skip it, but I went ahead and went. I wish I wouldn't have. The NP that I saw didn't know me, of course, because it was at a different doctor's office and she didn't tell me anything I didn't know. She had to ask me if I had had my GBS test already and I felt more like I was updating her than anything else. She did check me, but I didn't change from 37 to 38 weeks as far as dilation went, so it was pointless.

I would just wait to see your OB at your 38 week appointment. I wish I would have. If you don't want to, then definitely call and reschedule with another OB. I would never go to a doctor I was uncomfortable with. 

A12 Sig Challenge - Favorite Fall Show!
    SCANDAL!

• Options
    I would call and change it! I am having this same problem where I had a bad experience 3 years ago with an ob and I have seen her this time also. When I saw her I had a panic attack and cried. She was the same Bi#%$ as she was 3 years ago and I am panicking because I DO NOT want her to deliver my baby. I am almost due and she is on call all weekend! I am thinking about delivering at another hospital where I am not even known just to get away from this ob. Follow your first mind with this because it brought up all the emotions from 3 years ago for me. Hope all goes well with you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"