Breastfeeding

How long is this supposed to last?

Ok, so I am now weaning/stopping breastfeeding due to some major pain issues. I have some massive blocked ducts (I mean the whole half of my breast). I called the doctor/nurse today almost in tears and was instructed to:

Wear a tight bra (sports bra)

Use cabbage leaves in my bra

Pump a 'little' each day

and Take Ibuprofen as needed 

In my haste I did not ask what a 'little' meant (anyone have an idea?)

Anyone else done this? How long does the pain last? I can barely raise my arms and holding my little one is soooooo painful. I feel like I have huge marbles in my breasts and when I did pump today I got .75 oz after 10 minutes (I usually have 2 oz by that point)...does that mean it is working?

Please let me know that there is a light at the end of this tunnel and hopefully the tunnel is short. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: How long is this supposed to last?

• Sounds like you have clogged ducts, which I would probably try to get out, so they don't get infected and develop into mastitis.  

For pumping - you just want to pump until you are comfortable again.  Your boobs will still feel somewhat full.

Hope someone else chimes in.  You might want to ask on your month board, etc. since I can't see moms hanging out on the BF board if they're not BFing, you know?  Best of luck! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • When I stopped BF aruptly a few years ago with my other child.  I did everything you are doing except I didnt pump at all. Within a few days all my milk was gone and I was fine.

I wore 2 tight fitted bras though (almost like binding myself). Good Luck!

• Loading the player...
  • I had some bad clogged ducts in the begining. I recommend taking a hot shower and while in the shower massage the area with the clogged ducks and try hand expressing the milk out. I felt better after doing this 2 times a day for 2 days.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"