December 2012 Moms

Frustrated with SO

I have been trying to get him to finish cleaning up the room that will be the nursery but I can't see to get him moving.  My sister wants to start painting and I want to be able to order the furniture soon.  How can I get his A$$ moving?  Anybody else have this problem?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Frustrated with SO

• My DH has this issue too /sigh. I generally start doing something (normally something I'm not "supposed" to do) and he sees that I want this *** done and decideds to help! Maybe that would help yours? And by "supposed" I mean bending over and groaning loudly :p

• Mine too.... sigh.

There was a funny Ecard on pinterest that said "the best way to get your man to do something is to get his tools out and start doing it yourself"... DH saw it and laughed and said "that's true!" ... so maybe ask him if he has "such and such tool" or something and just "start" doing it yourself, add in PP idea of "groaning really loud" and maybe he'll get the point... if not, lay yourself up and say you "overdid yourself today getting the nursery ready..." not sure... I'm still figuring out how to get through to my DH... 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm pretty sure most men are like this. They think there is plenty of time. I gave mine a specific date to have the room cleared out. He KNOWS that if he doesn't do it either I will attempt to do it myself or I will call his dad to come and help me. :) He would not be too happy with either one. He is a very scheduled man so the date thing should work. I am absolutely expecting a big whine fest from him though.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage
  • LyseeHLyseeH member

We are still using the nursery as storage! and we only have 1 baby thing so far for our lil man. We keep planning to clear it out and seperate what stays and what goes to storage abut it never happens haha so yeswe too have that problem

• DH painted the room that will become the nursery last year, but he never did the touch ups on the baseboards, windowsill, and ceiling where he accidentally got orange paint on white.  So, my mom was in town last week and saw the orange paint on the white and took it upon herself one day when she was on her own to get some white paint out and do the touch ups.  Don't you know DH noticed it the next day and asked me if I had done it.  When I told him my mother had, he was mortified and jumped on doing the rest of the things I had asked him to do.  Don't know if you can or should purposefully use mortification as a motivator but it sure worked for my DH!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"