Eco-Friendly Family
Options

natural cleanse

I am really wanting to do a safe, natural cleanse. anyone have a system/product you have used and would recommend?

*~PAIF/SAIF welcome and encouraged!~*

Re: natural cleanse

• Options

I did a juice fast once...mostly just made my gums/teeth hurt.

I tend to think now that the body does an amazing job of cleansing itself, as it's designed to do. Now, if I'm feeling sluggish I focus on eating lots of good food (veggie greens, fruits, etc), exercise and drinking lots of water...best "flush" in the world ;)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I agree with eating lots of fruits and veggies and lots of water. Or even just adding fresh juice to your diet (I did a 24 hour juice fast and did not feel so great at the time). Before this pregnancy I planned on doing a mild detox by drinking Yogi Detox Tea along with a really whole food diet for 30-60 days. My BFP put the tea on hold for now, though I will probably give it a try in the future.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm very wary of "cleanses" because most leave huge gaps in your nutrition and you can end up sick at the end. 

I've found a good way to to a detox type of thing and kind of reset your eating habits is to simply cut soy, dairy, and gluten out of your diet for a week or so, and eat as raw as possible.  

• Options
    Lots of water along with healthy eating is the best way to cleanse, it's how your body was designed.  Most of us don't drink enough water to fully flush our system though...myself included!

Anniversary

• Options

I second eating as raw as possible.  When I cleanse I do juice (with lots of ginger), dark leafy green salads, tons of fruit and limit my cooked foods to stuff like brown or wild rice and toasted nuts (because I can't stand raw nuts).  Much easier said than done for me!

Also, I dry brush my skin before getting into the shower with a natural fiber brush.  Seriously stinky stuff starts to happen after a few days of the cleanse/brushing routine. 

And I've never done it, but people mention oil pulling as a cleanse support.  I know a few people on here have tried it. 

image  image  image

• Options
    Oooh! I forgot about oil pulling. That's a great one. Another thing I wanted to try and then found out I was pregnant. It's not generally recommended to do detoxing when you're pregnant or nursing. I've got to remember to try this stuff, but I've got awhile to wait!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"