April 2012 Moms
Options

Fever after shots

LO ran a fever today. He had is 4 month check up yesterday and got shots. I know it's normal but it totally freaks me out. I've been checking his temp often. Anyone else have a LO that ran a fever after?

Re: Fever after shots

• Options
    All my kids have and I hate it. You can tell that they just feel so crummy :(
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Kate had a fever for a couple days after her 4 month shots. Otherwise she was as happy as a clam.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yep. Emmy had a 101 fever after her PCV vaccine (we are doing a delayed schedule) and I called dr. They told me the correct dosage of Tylenol to give her based on her weight and the fever broke within 2 hrs. I felt bad for her because she was whimpering for a good hour. Poor baby!

Emerson Kate born 4/6/12, 5 lbs. 13 oz. 18 3/4 inches.

Happily expecting Baby Mac #2 around 4/13/14

• Options
    At her 2month she did.  She ran a low fever of 99.5, but didn't get any hotter.  It wore off after 24 hours and back to her usual self.  I hate the shots, but I would rather them feel bad for a day or two than get something that could be life threatening.  Hope he feels better soon! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Haven't had the 4 month appointment yet, but he did run a fever the night of his 2 month shots.  He also ran a fever the next day.  I dosed him with about half the tylenol dose the night of, because it was his first fever and it hit right before bed.  I know that you are supposed to let them fight it unless it gets over a certain degree, but I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep knowing he had a fever.  The next day the fever was lower, but he was still mr. cranky pants.  I felt so bad for him.
  • Options
    My LO was absolutely miserable for days after his 2 month shots and his fever got up to 102 afterwards. I'm really hoping his 4 month shots are better next week. 
  • Options
    My little one ran a fever after his 2 mo shots. I felt bad for the little guy, it got to 100.5. So I gave him some Tylenol, which helped. He was kinda tired and fussy for a couple days to.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"