Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Bought puffs....now what?

So, I have been reading a little on here that people are giving their babies Gerber Puffs as early as 6 months. It seems like they would be okay for babies without teeth. I hesitated buying them as the package said '9 months'...but I did anyway. I opened them when I got home and tried one but I am scared to give them to LO. He has two teeth (bottom) but he doesn't know how to chew yet. 

How do they learn how to chew? Will these teach him? 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Bought puffs....now what?

• Options
    Puffs are to help develop the pincher grasp.  They dissolve in their mouths.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Married 1/2/99.
    TTC since 4/09.
    Diagnosed PCOS. Diagnosed Hypothryoid 11/09.
    SHG & SA normal. PCOS Research study started 5/10.
    Clomid/Femara cycle #1 - 6/10 = BFN
    Clomid/Femara cycle #2 - 7/10 = BFP #1 - Missed miscarriage 9/2/10
    11/12 - BFP #2 - 11/22 - m/c
    5/1/11 - BFP #3 - Pre-eclampsia, IUGR & bed rest from 32w. DD born via induction 1/4/12.
  • Options
    DD still has no teeth and she loves puffs. She just mashes them with her gums and acts like she's "chewing" them. Molars are used to chew and those typically won't appear for until after a year+. I've tried her puffs and they dissolve into mush quite quickly.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I started giving him puffs at 8 months and he loves them. I was also scared and paranoid about choking but he took to them with no problem. I started off with the star shaped puffs which practically melt in ur mouth. He had no teeth. Now at nine months he is just starting to get two teeth and I have started him on some regular solid foods with the ok from the pedi. Just this night I let him taste some of the chicken I had for dinner and he grabbed off the table and ate it with no problem. 
  • Options
    We started right around 6 months.  That's about the time they develop the ability to chew.  Try one yourself-  they just dissolve almost right away!  I probably eat more than DS does :/

Anniversary

• Options
    I started giving them to my dd a few days before she was 6 months.  I started out by breaking them in half (I was nervous of her choking!) and placed them in her mouth.  She isn't able to pick them up herself, but is not eating them whole at snack time.
  • Options
    I started right before 6 months too. And actually, I started with Baby Mum-Mums first around 5 months. Those melt as well, and are easier to grab at first. And there is less fear of choking. I have a friend with triplets that are 3 weeks older than DD (but since they were 6 weeks early, really 3 weeks behind). She tried puffs first and they couldn't do them ( around 6 months old), but they went right for the Mum Mums and knew exactly what to do.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"