LGBT Parenting
Options

Appointment Update :/

We had our appointment today that was just supposed to be a pelvic exam.  As we are 10 weeks and 5 days, they were for sure they could use the doppler to hear their heartbeats.  They told me if they weren't successful with dopler we would move to ultrasound just to check on the LO's.  Well they left us waiting for my exam for 45 minutes and when they finally checked me my cervix while completely closed is shorter than they want to see it.  Then when they tried with the dopler, they were unsuccessful at picking up either LO.   They tried with two different dopplers and two different nurses.

By the time all this was done the u/s tech was gone for the day and so was the OB so now I have to wait until tomorrow morning to an u/s.  I know logically that everything is probably just fine and being as the RE told us they were low next to my cervix it is very possible they are still tucked safely behind my pelvic bone.  They did confirm my uterus is measuring between 14 and 15 weeks so definitely on track for a twin pregnancy.  

They are working me in first thing in the morning so I will be the first U/S of the day and even tho I will see a different doctor (my doctor works out of another office tomorrow) they are being very accommodating to put my mind at ease. 

I almost asked if we could pass on the doppler buy M was able to attend this appointment so I felt bad not knowing when she could attend the next one.   She feels horrible as she will not be able to go with me tomorrow morning on such short notice.   I don't want to make M feel any worse but I really want to ask her to call in tomorrow to go with me.

I just needed to get that off my chest.  I think I just need some virtual hugs of encouragement that I am crazy and it's all in my head.

M & M
06/12 - BFP!!!!
Beta #1 15dpo - 256
Beta #2 18dpo - 1097
6wk U/S on 07/02 ~ TWINS!!!
EDD 02/21/13
09/10/12 Found out it's two Boys!!!! Sam and Jake
Jacob and Samuel born 1/29/13 at 36 weeks. photo F489900B-BB44-4C44-ACD1-ABB73509E3B2-9032-000005E7AE7EF53E.jpg Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Re: Appointment Update :/

• Options

I am sending you HuGs!!!!

It sucks not to have answers - I'm sure everything is fine  but I know waiting until tomorrow morning will be hard.

I ended up buying a Doppler to use at home- mostly it was comforting - but if ever it didn't work it would always make me worry... 

• Options
    I hate to tell you not to worry, because it just sounds so generic.  But, really, I'm not sure how reliable the doppler even is at 10 weeks, especially with twins.  The US is the only reassuring thing, so take some deep breaths and think of the US as a treat for tomorrow.  We LOVED seeing our LOs on US.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Sending support for tomorrow...please let us know how it goes.

• Options

That sucks:( I'm sorry for your night of waiting.

I can say that the doctors NEVER could find our LO's heartbeat on the doppler--not at 12, 16, 20, 24 weeks.  Turns out DW had an anterior placenta which makes hearing them harder...so, know that yes, not being able to hear on the doppler is very common:)  (It also means for us that there's no way we'd have been able to hear on an at-home doppler, so consider that before purchasing, too!)

Fingers crossed for a good night's rest and a quick and easy appointment tomorrow.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Hugs!!! Thinking of you this morning...
  • Options

Thanks to everyone for the thoughts and hugs!!! I just wanted to give you an update.  We met with the OB this morning and found that both babies have heartbeats and are growing perfectly (they actually measured two days ahead!)

I think the reason they were not able to find them on the doppler is they were looking too low.  They were digging around my pelvic bone and the doctor found them on the u/s right in the middle of my belly.    My OB said they would probably not be using a doppler with me moving forward as it is sometimes hard to find with twins and/or determine the difference to make sure we are picking up both.  He said it takes just as long for us to check on u/s. 

They also said both of our babies have their completely own sac, fluid and placenta and that's as good as it gets with twins!!!  They have moved me to appointments every two weeks as my cervix is only measuring a 3 (would like to be over 4).  They have put me on pelvic reset as well as asked me to stay off my feet as much as possible between now and our next appointment (no strenuous activity etc).  Also with the two placentas they are sending us to our MFM for our NT scan next week where they have better equipment to check the blood supply to each baby.   

I feel so relieved!!! It was also amazing to watch them wiggle on the screen as they look more human lol. Baby A is definitely going to be our wiggler as they wouldn't stay still very long (kept mooning us) while Baby B is very chill and would "wave" and just scoot not really change position. 

M was so upset she wasn't there but I sent her pictures and a sound bite of their hb's.  She called me and was teary on the phone that everything was ok.  

Thanks again everyone.  Still cautious due to my cervix but I couldn't be a happier momma right now!

M & M
    06/12 - BFP!!!!
    Beta #1 15dpo - 256
    Beta #2 18dpo - 1097
    EDD 02/21/13
    Jacob and Samuel born 1/29/13 at 36 weeks. photo F489900B-BB44-4C44-ACD1-ABB73509E3B2-9032-000005E7AE7EF53E.jpg Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    congrats!! fwiw, no one ever used a doppler for our girls. too unreliable with twins to be sure you are getting separate babies! Are you seeing an MFM?
  • Options

so exciting .... We did not hear our girls till later also on the doppler  but we just needed to see the flicker...

GET OFF your FEET MAMA and rest up .... TWINS can be tough  drink lot sof water LOTS of water ... We went on bed rest at 19 weeks  so relax and enjoy and no NO heavy lifting.... Keep em cooking ... 

((((HUGGGGGSSSSS))))))

- 2 Moms 2 Twins Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    our Blog -http://dosbabies.wordpress.com/
  • Options

imagemrsemily08:
    congrats!! fwiw, no one ever used a doppler for our girls. too unreliable with twins to be sure you are getting separate babies! Are you seeing an MFM?

We will actually meet our MFM next Thursday for our first trimester 12 week NT scan!!!  Our OB wanted us to see the MFM instead they want the MFM to check the blood supply to each baby as they have their own placenta. 

I am very excited about the MFM office they use as it is through Tex.as Chil.dren's hospital!

M & M
    06/12 - BFP!!!!
    Beta #1 15dpo - 256
    Beta #2 18dpo - 1097
    EDD 02/21/13
  • Options
    Yahoo - what a relief!  Sounds like it was a great appointment. 
  • Options
    image2moms2b:

imagemrsemily08:

We will actually meet our MFM next Thursday for our first trimester 12 week NT scan!!!  Our OB wanted us to see the MFM instead they want the MFM to check the blood supply to each baby as they have their own placenta. 

I am very excited about the MFM office they use as it is through Tex.as Chil.dren's hospital!

Excellent! Your MFM will likely want to follow you closely, esp with a not terribly long cervix. I loved our MFM.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"