TTC After a Loss
Options

XP: repeat loss ladies - Q's for you - WWYD? long

hello lovely ladies -

This will be my 3rd loss posted here. I've most recently been on PAIF and IF before that and TTTC and TTCAL.  On our 2nd round of IVF we got PG but we didn't see a heartbeat at our follow up ultrasound yesterday (after seeing it, albeit a slow one, the week before.) I'm going in for a d&c on Thurs and we'll have the tissue tested to see what was wrong chromosomally.

I had a RPL panel (repeat pregnancy loss) run after our 2nd loss and nothing came up. I don't have my list of tests in front of me, but they took 11 or 12 vials of blood. I know that a lot of the major blood clotting disorders and some of the immunological screenings were in that list. I did a bunch of research at the time and felt it was a thorough test.

Here is a little background about our losses:

Our first loss was at 5w3d, we found out I was PG after I had 5 full days of what I thought was my period.  I didn't have betas drawn until I miscarried naturally, but they were low for 5w3d and got a "you don't look pregnant at all" in regards to my ute at the hospital via ultrasound. So possibly prolonged chemical pregnancy... I don't know. It was so short. We only knew for 6 days.

Our second loss was at 8w, blighted ovum/missed miscarriage. (I took misoprostol at home for that one.)

Third loss was likely chromosomal, as we saw a heartbeat but the embryo was measuring small/behind and the heartbeat matched the small size, but was slow for 7w. The next week the heartbeat was gone.

My clinic and docs (and even I) don't really group these 3 losses together, because they were so different.

-------

I'm going to ask our doc/RE to look over my old labs/test RPL panel and see if there's anything else to test for. Also I'll ask her about karyotyping (we were initially discouraged to do this because it's only like .003% of the population or something.)

What else? 

Our plan going forward is to do 2 more rounds of IVF. I've never had frozens, but if we are lucky enough, then of course we'd do that in the mix.

Our clinic does do day 3 PGD testing but our RE told us that the results don't seem to be better than just picking the best of the bunch on day 5 and putting it back in.

If we want to do PGD day 5 testing, we need to go to another clinic New Jersey, Colorado or NY. I've only ever had 1 egg that would even make it to day 5 for testing. I don't think we're ready for that.

So...

Am I missing something? I feel like we've done our homework pretty good here but it's hard to be on the bad side of the odds so many times. 

Any thoughts about steps we're missing or things to think about would be appreciated. 

Big hugs and high fives to you all.
BzeetyD = 38, Mr. BzeetyD = 44 together 12/02 married 9/08
TTC #1 since 1/10
DX: Unexplained/??? MFI issues

Our lil' lost sparks:
5w3d loss 7/30/10 - EDD March 2011
8w loss 4/15/11 - EDD November 2011
8w3d loss 8/2/12 - EDD March 2013
4w c/p loss 10/29/12 - EDD July 2013

Long story: trying on our own + testing testing testing with 6 rounds of Clomid, more testing, injectables + TI, laparoscopy - one tube blocked, 2 IUIs with Follistim...BFNs.
RPL testing all normal, Karyotyping normal

Moving on to IVF.

IVF #1 April 2012 = BFN, IVF #2 June 2012 = BFP. U/S 7/23 = saw heartbeat but measuring behind. Follow up U/S on 7/30 - no heartbeat. D&C 8/2. Trisomy 12. IVF #3 Oct 2012 = Chemical Pregnancy

Phone consult with CCRM on 12/12/12 - ODWU 1/4/13 - both tubes clear(!) - AFC 24, AMH 3.2, FSH 9.6, LH 5.4, E2 25. DH has high frag rate but improved!
IVF #4 March 2013 CCRM. EP protocol w/ Menopur, Gonal-F & Dexamethasone. ER 3/29 & IMSI, PICSI. 43R 13M 10F 6blasts bio'd. CCS testing reveals 3 normals!!!
FET 5/31/13 of 1 4AA blast - thawed and expanded. 4dp5dt BFP.
Beta 9dp5dt = 181, 11dp5dt = 427. 1st u/s showed a healthy heartbeat! EDD 2/16/14

After 4 years of hoping and heartbreak, our sweet little bean was born on 2/19/14
We are so in love with her.

"I'm not telling you it's going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it."

Everybody is welcome!!!

Re: XP: repeat loss ladies - Q's for you - WWYD? long

• Options

I'm sorry your going through this.

I don't really have much to add and it sounds like you have your testing well covered, but If your pathology results yield a chromosomal abnormality than I would Definetly have karytyping done and strongly consider pgd. I also would say that I don't really consider your 3 losses necessarily all that different - all fairly early first tri losses that could likely be the result of chromosonal issues.

Married My Love on 6/18/2006
    BFP#1 10/1/2011. Our perfect little girl, Her heart stopped @ 12w1d. D&E 11/23/11
    BFP#2 3/13/12 Weird CP/Possible EP @ 6w0d
    BFP#3 5/28/12 CP @ 5w0d
    BFP/WTF#4 10/26/12 CP
    BFP#5 12/10/12 EDD 8/23/2013
    <3 Baby Boy Born 8/22/13 <3
     photo ellie.gifPhotobucket
  • Options

I'm sorry that I don't have much to offer either. I'm really sorry for your losses. I had the RPL panel done, as well as an endometrial biospy, and chromosome testing done on that last pregnancy. We haven't really found any answers either. Hugs

4 Losses (2003, 2008, Apr 2012, & Oct 2012)
    All RPL and IF testing with multiple REs = normal

5 IUIs = BFN

All AL are welcome
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • Options

*********SIGGY WARNING*************

Bzeety - this breaks my heart.  I'm so sorry for your loss, and I just hate that you're going through this again.  I've had all the RPL testing done.  One thing that came up funny in mine was actually something I tested negative for originally.  My RVV time test was normal when they tested it after losing Eliott.  It came back abnormal when it was run again a year later.  I saw a hematologist and he's treating me for APS, as it seems my antibodies come and go.  I would definitely do the karyotyping also.  It's so hard not having answers, so I asked the doctors to run every test under the sun for me so that we could come up with a plan.  Big (((HUGS)))

Mom to Eliott Alexander, born sleeping at 37 weeks on 8/13/10. Most of us only dream of angels - I held one in my arms.
    BFP #2 - EDD 2/26/12 M/C 6/28/11 @ 5w2d
    BFP #3 - EDD 4/7/12 M/C 8/2/11 @ 4w2d
    Too beautiful for this earth
    BFP #4 - EDD 12/09/12, Lucille arrived 11/26/12
  • Options
    I don't have any suggestions or advice but I just wanted to say that I am so very sorry for your loss
    imageimage

EDD 1/31/13, MC May 17. EDD 3/31/13, MC July 26. I miss you so much already my angel loves

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    lavrillavril member
    I am so incredibly sorry for your losses. A couple things come to mind - Have you had you thyroid checked?  That can have a major impact on pregnancy. Also how abou a test for celiac?  Studies have shown a link between gluten allergies and IF.  I hope you get some answers soon. 

PGAL/PAL welcome
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Trying to start our family since 2010
    BFP #1 11.4.10, EDD 7.12.11, HB 12/9/10, MMC 12/27/10; 11w6d
    BFP #2 9.12.12, EDD 5.24.13, Baby Boy Born 5.15.13!!
    My Ovulation Chart
    3 Clomid (100mg) cycles + TI + Trigger = BFN's, Femara + Trigger + IUI#1 = BFN
    Femara + Trigger + IUI#2 = BFP!
    "Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will." ~Gandhi
  • Options
    Also, when the did the semen analysis, did they just do the standard SA or did they run DNA fragmentation? 
    Married My Love on 6/18/2006
    BFP#1 10/1/2011. Our perfect little girl, Her heart stopped @ 12w1d. D&E 11/23/11
    BFP#2 3/13/12 Weird CP/Possible EP @ 6w0d
    BFP#3 5/28/12 CP @ 5w0d
    BFP/WTF#4 10/26/12 CP
    BFP#5 12/10/12 EDD 8/23/2013
    <3 Baby Boy Born 8/22/13 <3
     photo ellie.gifPhotobucket
  • Options

Nooooooo!  I am so sorry love Sad  My heart is just breaking for you.

As for the chromosomal testing and karyotyping, you're right- given then type of your losses they likely are not caused by one single thing.  My RE told me the same when I'd had a couple m/c's and then an ectopic.  However, my RE still ordered both tests for MH and I for peace of mind.  It was an expensive peace of mind, but thankfully insurance was also generous, so that's something to consider.

I do not have the list of tests I was given, I just know my RE tested everything under the sun on MH and I.   

image image imageimageimage  

CFNBC after 8 losses and IF || History || My Angel Babies

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"