March 2013 Moms
Options

Nerves are getting the best of me.... :(

Hey Ladies,

I go for my first ultra sound in the morning at 12:45 eastern time...and all afternoon my pgal nerves have been awful...just a little background on my miscarriage...I found out Feb 21 that I was pregnant went for my first appointment the next week (was told I was early) went back the next week (was told I was still early but there was little change in size) went back 2 weeks later (not really any change in size) but there was a heart beat...The nurse said she saw it and my mom said she saw it but I NEVER SAW IT... :( Was told to come back the next week but my body knew more then me and the dr. because I started bleeding that wed. and finally miscarried that friday and had my D&C the next wed.

I say all that because when I found out I was pregnant this time 7/13 I called my dr. and told her I could NOT go thru what I went thru before with having multiple ultra sounds and then something happen so we scheduled my first U/S for what should be 6 weeks? I am now so scared that when I get there that I will not be as far along as I think I should and that if I am 6 weeks there will not be a heart beat or there will not be anything there at all...I am terrified to say the least about this appointment.

You ladies that have already experienced your first ultra sound...How did you calm your nerves? What can I do to make sure I get a good nights rest and actually be excited about my appointment?

*sorry this is so long..I know you ladies know what I am going thru*

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Nerves are getting the best of me.... :(

• Options
    I honestly have been a bundle of nerves and stressed to the point of feeling pukey before every u/s. (I've had 4 - 2 for my early ones at the RE and 2 for bleeding episodes - those were the most nervewracking, for sure!) I kept trying to tell myself that stressed or not, panicking or not, it wasn't going to change the outcome. It didn't always work, but sometimes it makes it better. I hope you have the best outcome. Good luck!
    Married 6/08, TTC 7/09
    MC w/ D&C 3/11 ~ 9.5 weeks
    CP/MC 1/12 ~ 5 weeks
    2 IUI's w/ BFN
    IVF 6/12 ~ 8R, 0F ~ Rescue ISCI gave us 3dt of 2 (6 cell, 9+ cell)
    DS born ~ 3/3/13
    IVF 6/14 ~ Operation Sibling ~ 10R, 5F ~ 5dt of 1 Blast
    Beta 1: 1600+, Beta 2: 4588
    Everyone Welcome!
    image image
    Pregnancy Ticker image

• Options
    So sorry that you are going through this, after your earlier experience.  It's totally understandable that you are anxious.  Just remember that one miscarriage is not an indicator of a future miscarriage.  As far as calming your nerves, if you can do something to take your mind off of it, try to do that--see a movie, visit with a friend, anything.  I personally also like to pray, and share my anxieties with God, although I freely admit that sometimes leads me to be dwelling on the situation (whatever it is) even more.  I'll be praying for you!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    theturthetur member

I understand your feelings.  My first ultrasound this pregnancy where we would be able to see a heartbeat (#1 was too early) was yesterday, and I was a bundle of nerves too.  

DH went with me, and he explained to the tech our situation, that we were neverous, etc. and she was very sympathetic.  As soon as she had inserted the wand, she let us know that there was a baby there, which really put my mind at ease while she went about her business getting measurements, etc.  At the end she zoomed in close enough that we could actually see the chambers of the heart (at least that's what they looked like to me) moving as it was beating.  So maybe if you explain the situation to your tech too, he/she can help you to feel more comfortable sooner?

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow and sending prayers your way... 

BFP#1: 12/15/11 EDD: 8/21/12 Missed miscarriage @ ~8.5 weeks. D+C: 1/19/12
    BFP#2: 07/04/12 EDD: 03/14/13
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    *All Welcome*
  • Options
    RocRexRocRex member
    Wishing you the best of luck! I have been lurking on this board, but felt compelled to send you positive vibes as we both got our BFP on the same day, and I think my etd is 3/24 as well. I have been working with an RE, and this is my first pregnancy on my first round of clomid and ovidrel. My first ultrasound is on Thursday am, and having the same stress and concerns as you. Hoping we both get good news, and see a heartbeat!
  • Options

imageRocRex:
    Wishing you the best of luck! I have been lurking on this board, but felt compelled to send you positive vibes as we both got our BFP on the same day, and I think my etd is 3/24 as well. I have been working with an RE, and this is my first pregnancy on my first round of clomid and ovidrel. My first ultrasound is on Thursday am, and having the same stress and concerns as you. Hoping we both get good news, and see a heartbeat!

Thanks for the good vibes everyone..I will let you all know how everything goes...Good luck with all your upcoming appointments too...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"