November 2012 Moms
Options

Pets acting differently while mommys pregnant

It is such a magical thing when pets seem to "sense" when their two-legged mommy is pregnant! My two dogs have been all about protecting the belly especially in the past month, I took a cute picture I wanted to share. Every time I lay down, within about 10 seconds there both dogs are curled up with the baby bump. How are your pets taking the pregnancy?

Re: Pets acting differently while mommys pregnant

• Options

Pumpkin, bump security guard (several weeks ago when it was a far more subtle bump, lol)

Me: 32 DH: 32
    Married: 05/31/2008
    DS: 11/06/2012 at 38w 1d
    M/C: 06/11/2015
    DD: 06/14/2016 at 37w 3d
  • Options
    awwww that is too cute!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My puppy is the same way! She is always sitting on my belly. And when someone tries to reach over and rub it she gets a bit bitchy.. Haha! Even when it is my husband doing it! If I am not home she will sit with anyone and everyone but as soon as I walk in the door she is right by me! I LOVE IT! Our hound dog was the same way. He died a couple weeks ago :( But he knew he was to big to sit on my belly so he always laid across my feet!
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have a chihuahua too, but he seems to go out of his way to curl up everywhere around me except my belly.....  should I be concerned?  I have read that they can sense a new baby is coming along.  Either he is oblivious or jealous, hmmmm.....
  • Options

Aw...that is so cute!!  Our friends have a dog who seems to know I'm expecting...she usually is jumping all over us when visit, but now, she still jumps on hubby, but she'll just come over and sit right beside me and wants to follow me around the whole time.  It's so sweet. 

• Options

Mine (see siggy) hasn't really wanted to play with me for months now. She just wants to lay near me and saves her wild playtime urges for DH. I try, but she wants no part of it. She also sniffs my belly a lot.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My cats love hanging out in the baby room. I don't blame them, I've done a very cute job so far.
  • Options

imageSharon2003:
    I have a chihuahua too, but he seems to go out of his way to curl up everywhere around me except my belly.....  should I be concerned?  I have read that they can sense a new baby is coming along.  Either he is oblivious or jealous, hmmmm.....

My chihuahua does this too. I think she's going to be very jealous though. She does seem to stick near me constantly and has gotten much more anxious when I leave.

My lab seems to know that something is happening that is going to get more attention than her so she is mopey and gets very needy when DH is home.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My shih tzu now follows me everywhere. Every time I shower he comes inside the bathroom. He never followed me before when the water was running because he didn't want a bath. He even waits by the bathroom door when I do other things every single time. This is new for him but he is still as wonderfully behaved as always.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Wally, (my dog) is rebelling a bit. He's been getting into the trash more than usual, and I think it's because he's pissed I'm pregnant again, especially now since he knows what the outcome is. He was spoiled rotten before DD, and he still sleeps in bed with us every night, but he obviously doesn't get babied as much as he used to. Poor thing. I'm trying to give him individual attention everyday. Hopefully he'll get over himself. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    So cute! I have a small chihuahua and I'm worried about what will happen when the baby is big enough to move around. Does this oncern you at all with your little dogs? I'm worried the baby might accidentally be rough with the dog and hurt her. 
  • Options

imagekateraid:
    So cute! I have a small chihuahua and I'm worried about what will happen when the baby is big enough to move around. Does this oncern you at all with your little dogs? I'm worried the baby might accidentally be rough with the dog and hurt her. 

My dogs have been around my son since he was really young and I was worried about that too but with each new stage of his life I just show a positive example of how to treat them. He loves them so much and he snuggles them like little ragdolls when he naps lol it's so precious. There have been times of course where he's grabbed a tail or gotten mad when they steal his snack, but I just try to be patient and show him how to be kind.

• Options
    My cats have been much more attentive of me since I got pregnant. I have four of the little fluff balls, and they compete for who gets to snuggle up to my belly while I sleep. I usually have three of them laying in some pattern around my belly with the other somewhere around either my upper back or against my chest. They're such sweeties!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    My American Bulldog has been acting strange. Some days he is super lovey with me and others he is just mopey and sad. I think he is just as conflicted with his feelings as I am anymore! However, no matter how mopey he is he won't let me be in the bathroom alone...EVER! When I am on the toilet he lays there staring at me and when I shower he sits at the shower door waiting for me to get out. He won't leave the bathroom while I am getting ready until I turn the blow dryer on, but even then he is not far. If I am in the living room he sits blocking the front door if he is not at my feet. He used to sleep on the couch or our oversized chair at night, but now he sleeps next to my side of the bed and I almost step on him everytime I get up to pee. I really hope he and our LO will be great friends after he arrives and he will be just as protective of LO as he is me at the moment.
    Anniversary 63308_4713538843914_2118219572_n_zpsf72f5d2a-1_zps83c050a8 380802_543382679024176_456373758_n_zps2a88ead2 68131_4879153264171_1489478128_n_zps1ce33c85 20130115_61_zps5abc4fe5 photo 20130115_61_zps5abc4fe5.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageJulieN0704:

Mine (see siggy) hasn't really wanted to play with me for months now. She just wants to lay near me and saves her wild playtime urges for DH. I try, but she wants no part of it. She also sniffs my belly a lot.

Hmmm... My boxer (almost 2) does the same thing. He'll play with me very minimally but loves to run and fetch with my husband. I am not 100% sure he knows what's going on yet, but some nights I wake up and he is curled up next to my belly. I'm not sure if it's because he knows he's got a brother in there or if he's just comfortable in that spot. Haha!

• Options
    My cats won't go anywhere near my belly.  Snurp used to sleep across my tummy, now he goes out of his way to hang out below it or next to me. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"