September 2012 Moms
Options

Shock waves of pelvic pain! O.M.G.

This is intense! It isn't lightening crotch. Been there. Done that. It really only happens when I am moving - not the baby. It feels like my pelvic is splitting apart - which I know is not completely untrue. It is almost like a muscle pull in that the pain is instant and then you are sore for a while afterwards. 

I just got up from my desk. About 5 steps out, I was doubled over with bone pain in my crotch. I will be out of order now for the rest of the day. This relaxin crap is no joke!

Anyone else experiencing this? To this degree? Or am I preaching to the choir?  

Re: Shock waves of pelvic pain! O.M.G.

• Options
    I feel sore and tender in the pelvic region.  Just started today, at 35 weeks. Can't say I've been doubled over in pain though. Yikes.
  • Options
    Oh man, I feel you. The pain in my hips and pelvis is so bad now that it's literally a struggle to put underwear or pants on... it constantly feels like my hips are going to pop out of place and I often find myself bent over in pain from my pelvis suddenly hurting. I keep thinking... four weeks, four weeks...
    Me: 27 DH: 28
    Diagnosis: PCOS, irregular cycles, old lady eggs. DH is fine.
    Started TTC in January 2010. BFP December 25, 2011 between IF appts. 
    DD born August 31, 2012
    Began TTC again in Jan. 2013. 
    Four rounds of Clomid - BFN
    Fifth round of Clomid September/Oct - cancelled
    HSG scheduled for Oct. 30 - Tubes all clear
    December: Round one of Femara  - BFN
    Round two - ? 

image image image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I just saw a physical therapist for this today. She said it is normal, though my body might be overstretching a bit. Apparently this could be a good sign for an easy delivery. I'll try to focus on that when I'm cringing in pain. Oh, and she concurred that a support belt should help. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageleavitt1:

I just saw a physical therapist for this today. She said it is normal, though my body might be overstretching a bit. Apparently this could be a good sign for an easy delivery. I'll try to focus on that when I'm cringing in pain. Oh, and she concurred that a support belt should help.  

I have been wearing a belt since mid-2 nd tri. No help....  :( 

• Options
    Same as PPs it has me doubled over at times and I asked my doctor and she said it's bones/pelvis shifting to prep for baby....she said there isn't a whole lot you can do for it other than heat or tylenol if it gets really bad.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Ugh. Sorry you're feeling this sort of pain. I know what you're referring to but I've been able to walk through it so far. But sometimes I tie a sweater around my hips to act as counterpressure because it really does feel like my pelvis will just keep splitting otherwise.
  • Options
    Preaching to the choir.  I feel like an 80 year old lady...sometimes I have to walk hunched over because the pain in my pelvis is so intense. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"