Breastfeeding
Options

twins: BM supply issues and starting solids

I have nearly 6 month old twins, and for various reasons I'm beginning to think that I'm not providing enough breast milk. They have only had breast milk.

I had been nursing them both at the same time for each feeding (each one getting one breast per feeding). Now I am pumping 3-4 times a day to provide a bottle for one of the babies before they go to sleep for the evening (for a few hours, at least, but I digress...) and the other baby nurses on both sides.

Because I used to nurse both of them at that "dinner" feeding, but am now providing a bottle of pumped milk, I'm wondering how this will affect my overall supply.

I'm happy to have been able to provide exclusively breast milk so far, and because I think they are no longer satiated with only my milk, I'm not sure if I should take more steps to increase my supply (already taking some steps) or if I should go ahead and start with solids food.

This has been pretty much rambling, but I'd love to hear any thoughts about what I should do to make sure that the babies aren't chronically hungry, as that thought kind of breaks my heart.

Thanks!

DS1 10/09 Twins! 2/12

Re: twins: BM supply issues and starting solids

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"