December 2011 Moms
Options

EBFers- how much solids?

sorry if this has been asked before, but just wondering how much solids your LOs are eating if they're EBF.

E eats about 1 ounce in the morning and 3-4 ounces for dinner.

Re: EBFers- how much solids?

• Options
    Depends on the day. Somedays he has 3 meals and somedays only 2. He averages about 2 oz for breakfast and lunch and probably 3 oz for dinner, sometimes a little more. 
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Ev is 8 months and taking in 3 meals a day. It looks something like this:

7am: nurses

8am: solids (we blw so waffles, toast, fruit, etc)]

11am: nurse

12pm: solids

4: nurses

5:30 nurses then solids

8: nurses.

Usually up once at night to nurse.

someecards.com - I support Newt Gingrich's idea of colonizing the moon if it'll help me get away from Newt Gingrich.

My baby is two!!! Baby girl 9/17/09

My other baby is still a baby! Baby Boy 11-30-11

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm struggling!  He used to eat like an ounce in the am and an ounce maybe two late afternoon. I have been trying to do three meals but he refuses to eat much at any meal. He hates purees now so I've been trying to vary his diet. For the most part it's 2-3 times a day but more like an ounce each feeding. 

Lilypie - (ovfd)

• Options
    I am trying to do 3 meals a day, but right now we only seem to get in 2. DS only eats 1oz of purees each time (he loses interest in the last few bites). I also give him puffs 2 times per day so he can practice with finger foods. He STTN and doesn't nurse at night at all, but is still nursing every 3 hours during the day.
  • Options

J is mostly BF, his schedule is something like this almost every day:

Wakes up (usually 6-6:30) - nurses

Between 8-9am - 2oz of oatmeal w/ fruit or 3-4 oz of fruit puree

10am - bottle of BM (or BF if I am home)

Noon* - nurses

3-ish - bottle of BM

Sometimes nurses around 5-ish, sometimes not

6pm - 4oz of veggie puree and sometimes small pieces of what we have for dinner, depending on what we have

8pm - nurses

Usually nurses 1-2 times overnight, too.

*We are also going to start offering some kind of solid around lunch time soon.

BFP #1 on 11/19/10, m/c 12/5/10
    BFP #2 on 4/12/11, J born on 12/14/11

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

The nanny offers twice a day (breakfast & lunch) and I try to do the same on the weekends.  But she's not very interested so maybe an ounce at best.

We don't do dinner since I get home at 6pm and would rather nurse and play with her before bedtime at 7.

She gets purees, teeny-tiny star shaped pasta with marinara sauce, puffs, dried yogurt bites (forget what they're called), yo'baby yogurt, and little bites of whatever we're eating (cheese, bread, fruit, veggie).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    He eats 2 solid meals per day. He averages 2-3 ounces at each feeding. If he still seems hungry, I'll offer more but that rarely happens. 

IVF #1: 4-11-11= Transferred 1 beautiful blastocyst I named "Nugget"
    5 Snowbabies! Beta#1 4/21= BFP! 226; Beta#2 4/25= 944
    DS born 12/14/11

Baby #2 FET Nov/Dec 2013

12/13 Beta#1=BFP 349; 12/16 Beta#2=1,089. First ultrasound 12/26. DS#2 born 8/8/14
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
    ~~PAIF/SAIF Always Welcome~~

• Options

I give about an ounce of oatmeal with 2 ounces of fruit in the morning and about 3 ounces of veggie at night.  I offer puffs or yogurt melts 2 times a day for him to practice with finger foods and sometimes he gets a few bites of whatever we are eating for dinner. He still nurses about 7-8 times in a 24 hour period.  

• Options
    Wow! DD eats a lot compared to other babies I guess.  She eats solids three times a day and nurses in between about 3 to 4 times.  For breakfast solids she gets a few ounces of cereal mixed with a 4oz jar of baby food and she eats all of it.  For lunch solids, she eats the same as breakfast but with some extra fruit cut up for her or vegetable.  For dinner solids, she either eats two 4oz jars of baby food or about that equivalent in table food like pasta or a mashed up potato or beans.  It's hard to measure how much she eats when I give her regular food, but if I give her jar food she will eat two whole jars plus a little extra. She's such a good eater and she seems to be losing weight now which is interesting to see.  She's slowly losing her rolls in her arms, although her thighs are huge still!
  • Options

DS gets offered bits of whatever we're having... we're doing BLW.  But really, he just gnaws on the stuff (like apples or whatever), given what his poop looks like he's getting more than I think, but not enough to change the consistency yet. 

He's young yet, and I subscribe to the theory of anything under 1 is for fun, so I'm not too worried because I've not yet met a 20 year old who's still breastfeeding. 

:)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"