Pre-School and Daycare

How much sleep for 3 YO?

S will be 3 next month and her bedtime is 8:30, waking up around 7AM for DC. She's been really groggy in the mornings and pulling the sheets/blankets back over her head. I would think 10 hours would be enough, but is it a growth spurt or something that is making her more tired than normal? How much sleep does your LO get?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How much sleep for 3 YO?

• Is she napping?

DD sleeps about the same 8/8:30-7 with a 2ish hour nap @ preschool; she's happier when she goes to bed a little earlier than 8, but its very hard in the summer.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Yeah, she takes a 2 hour nap from 12-2 (give or take) at DC. I might try moving it up a little, but yes, it's a lot harder to move up as there is sun out still at 8:30.
  • Loading the player...
  • DS #1 gets about the same amount of sleep as your daughter.  He gets 10-11 hours of sleep a night and takes a 1-2 hour nap in the afternoon. 

• DD is usually in her room at 8pm and talks to herself until about 8:30. We wake her up at 6:30am and she still takes a 2 hour nap
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • All kids are different. My 3 YO was sleeping 2 hours at nap and 10 hours at nighttime, until one day she just up and dropped the nap (sad:)

Now at 3 and a half she sleeps 10 hours at night, and only very occasionally will she take a nap. I miss naps:(

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DD1 never slept more than 10 hours at night until she dropped her nap. She would sleep 10 hours with a 2 hour nap. Now she needs about 11 hours at night.

DD2 usually sleeps about 11 hours at night, sometimes a bit less. She's in bed between 8-8:30pm and wakes around 7-7:30am. Her naps are 1 1/2-2 hours.

Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • My dd sleeps the same and every morning it's a fight-lol. What's even more annoying is she is up at the @sscrack of dawn on the weekends. I don't get it!!!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

CafeMom Tickers

• 11ish hours at night.

Sometimes a 1 hour nap midday.

He would sleep later if he could. 

promised myself I'd retire when I turned gold, and yet here I am
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"