September 2012 Moms
Options

Braxton hicks (yes, again...sorry)

I get them all damn day long. It's so annoying and they are starting to feel crampy sometimes. I've been running to the bathroom to make sure I'm not spotting at least 3 times a day.

Im seriously wondering if I won't know when I'm in actual labor.

Anyone have a lot of these? Think it has any relation to going early/late?

Its starting to piss me off. 

photo photo_zps4ea6bdf2.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Braxton hicks (yes, again...sorry)

• Options
    Newt69Newt69 member
    I get them too alot, especially at night while trying to sleep. My belly tightens then lets up.I wake up with tight belly as well and it goes away after I go to the bathroom.
  • Options
    Manx4Manx4 member

I get them all the time - sometimes they do feel crampy. 

From what I remember of the contractions I had in the hospital with DS - you'll know when they're "real" vs just BH.  

They should be something you can time, from the start of one to the start of the next one, and they should increase with intensity.  

You shouldn't be able to talk/walk through them either - they'll take your breath away and make you stop in your tracks.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I know this is repetitive, but make sure you are drinking plenty. The more dehydrated you are, the more you will have & the stronger they will be. Also, I know it sounds crazy, but you will surely know when they become "real". Unless you are one of those freaks who has no concept of pain. BH's shouldn't really be painful, just a little uncomfortable & pretty damn annoying.
  • Options
    imageManx4:

From what I remember of the contractions I had in the hospital with DS - you'll know when they're "real" vs just BH.  

This. I'm sure everyone is different, but you will know.

:shudders at thought of having real ones again:

Not in TX any more! - Central PA
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I was extremely sick last week and ended up severely dehydrated. I had some pretty crazy and intense BH. Drink lots! I've been drinking a gallon of water a day (along with juice and other liquids) and haven't had any since. Good luck :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Ditto the hydration recommendations. 

And, yea, you'll know the practice contractions vs. the game-time ones. I always wondered, too, since I had a lot of BH and was supposedly contracting when I went in for my NST the day after EDD, but when I woke up at 2 am the next morning, I knew. 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Drinking more water really does seem to help.

I agree that you'll know the difference. Real labor was definitely nothing like BH contractions. However, I did have a friend who thought she was just having BHs until she started timing them. They were coming every 5 minutes, then every 3. She wound up going to L&D, finding out she really was in labor and 7 cm, and having her baby med-free shortly after arriving. The thought of being in labor and not knowing it is scary, but I'd take that delivery any day!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"