December 2012 Moms
Options

Q re: laundry soap

Went to the store to buy laundry soap to wash some of the items I have received from friends (2nd hand, so no worries about returning) & have extra time now...

Saw the usual Dreft but it said nothing about use with HE washing machines.  Also saw Woolite which says will work with HE's but didn't say anything about sensitive skin.

We usually use Costco's no dyes, no perfume stuff, but not sure if it'd be "gentle" enough for a baby.  I have a friend who swears by her Rockin' Green, but I haven't seen that at the store and had hoped to get the bags out of the dining room sooner rather than later.

Ideas/ recommendations?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Q re: laundry soap

• Options
    Stick with your regular dye free fragrance free. It works just fine and dreft is overpriced/unnecessary imo. we use all free and clear with no problem and dd has sensitive skin. never found a need for dreft.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thank you!  I know Dreft has a scent & didn't particularly care for it (makes me sneeze at times).
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Dreft is such a gimmick IMO.  We use regular free and clear soap.  My daughter has senssitive skin and when she was a newborn Dreft gave her a rash. 
  • Options

I have sensitive skin and I have to use a certain laundry soap (Dynamo) because it's the only thing that doesn't make me break out in hives.  I've washed ALL of DS's clothes, bedding etc in it and we have never had an issue with it. 

Personally I think Dreft is a waste of money and is just as 'harsh' on baby's skin as any other laundry soap with all the dyes, perfumes and whatnot. 

• Options

Don't be tricked by Dreft. It's full of dyes, perfumes and harsh chemicals.

I would stick with a plain ol' Free & Clear detergent.

BabyFetus TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    laura1laura1 member
    All Free and Clear for us too.  I have never bought Dreft, ever, and have not regretted it!  My DS has super sensitive skin, and he has always been fine with the Free and Clear detergent.
    TTC#1 = Success on Cycle#19 with Clomid/trigger/b2b IUIs; beta#1 (15dpiui) 200, #2 (18dpiui) 433, #3 (22dpiui) 2356; TTC#2 = Surprise BFP 9/2009; TTC#3 = m/c at 6 wks, 10/29/11; BFP#2 4/1/2012... Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We use All free and clear and unscented Clorox 2.  Gets all sorts of stains out!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Dreft smells icky, and still has perfume in it, and is not worth the extra $$ at all, IMHO.

I would think the Costco no dye/perfume stuff would be fine.  I use All Free & Clear, after trying Dreft and Tide Clear.  I think the All does just the same job, for a few dollars less.

I've heard the Rockin' Green is great for getting poo stains out of cloth dipes, but I've never used it and again, if it's more expensive I wouldn't use it for every day washing.

BFP 12/19/08- DS born 8/25/09 9lbs2oz via Zavanelli Maneuver
    BFP 8/26/11- Missed miscarriage discovered 10/19/11 at 11w2d, measured at 9 weeks gestation w/ no HB. D&C 10/21/11
    BFP 3/17/12 at 12dpo CP 3/21/12
    BFP 4/23/12 at 10dpo Stick my little one! Beta #1: 83.3 @ 13dpo Beta #2: 197.7 @ 15dpo
    Our little man is getting bigger every day!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    My BFP Chart
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We switch between All free and clear and Tide free and clear whatever we have a coupon for at costco.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP#1 on 02/14/09 BIRTH to Mason 6lb9oz on 10/12/09

BFP#2 on 5/28/11 EDD 2/1/12 Natural M/C on 6/13/11

BFP#3 on 1/20/12 EDD 9/30/12 Natural m/c on 1/27/12

BFP#4 on 4/23/12 BIRTH to Isabella 7lb1oz on 12/19/12

• Options
    I usually use Mrs. Meyers and plan on using their baby version. It works in HE washers. I also use the fabric softener and dryer sheets.
    Nestie Bio | ILL-INI!! | Felica Fibro - a fibromyalgia site
                 imageimageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"