March 2012 Moms
Options

Separation anxiety

Is anyone else dealing with this?  We left DS with my parents last night to go out to dinner and he cried almost the whole time we were gone Sad  I go back to work part time in 2 weeks and I'm really worried about how he's going to do at day care.  We're planning to do a couple of test runs where we'll leave him there for an hour and then come back and then on another day we'll leave him there for a few hours.  But if he cried this much with my parents, who he knows, I can't imagine what is going to happen when he goes to day care.

Anyone dealing with this?  What can we do to make this easier for DS?

image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Kristina's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 
We go together like a wink and a smile. June 27, 2009 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
52 books in 2015?           
image  Image and video hosting by TinyPic   

Re: Separation anxiety

• Options
    yes, I had to work at kinder. registration yesterday so my hubby took the day off work to stay at home with the LO.  Needless to say it was not a happy day.  Day care starts on Monday. 
  • Options
    DS was like this about a month before I went back to work. I tried to focus on being happy and sounding excited when I handed him over to someone else. I also stayed in his line of sight to start. It must have worked because he was just fine by the time daycare started. I hope things work out for you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"