January 2013 Moms
Options

Anyone else missing their occasional glass of wine/beer??

So I was lurking on today's ticker change thread & they were talking about alcohol. Man.....I sure do miss having a nice cold beer or a raspberry lemon drop! I take an occasional sip of DH's beer, but It just makes me want it even more. :/ I didn't really miss alcohol when I was PG with DS. It's going to be a long 23 weeks+ in regards to no alcohol. :P

Anyone else in the same boat? What do you miss the most? 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
BFP #1:10/31/10 DS born 6/22/11BFP #3:4/24/12 DD born 12/31/12
Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Anyone else missing their occasional glass of wine/beer??

• Options
    I really miss my wine. I love wine, and I loved relaxing with a nice glass of red wine, and man do I miss it.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    OriamOriam member
    The only time I missed wine was when I was at Olive Garden a few weeks ago and the server came around with a sample of moscato. I LOVE their moscato! I passed of course but my sister had her sample and drank it right in front of me :P
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    In the beginning I really, really did but it doesnt bother me as much now. After a long day of work or a nice hot day on the patio, though, oh boy do I want a drink!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options

I miss everything! I'd do anything for a long island iced tea yummm.

• Options
    Oh yeah.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I miss wine - my favorite is New Zealand sauvignon blancs.  I had less than half a glass of white wine at dinner at my ILs on Saturday, but it only made me want more! 
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby248 - ETA 1/10/13
  • Options

Yes! I ,miss it so much more during this pregnancy than I did with DS. Maybe it's because this is a surprise, so out of the blue I had to stop. No last drink or anything. 

I miss it all, wine, beer, mixed drinks.... 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Ummm...YEAH!!

I'm missing my beer and wine equally...beer would be great! It's so hot in Florida and i miss enjoying a beer at the beach or on the boat with the hubby!!

But I miss my wine too! I love finishing up the dishes and sitting down with my glass of pinot and watching my favorite shows! Oh well...my wine has now been replaced with cookies & milk!

You're beating me though...I have 26 more weeks!!

Pregnancy Ticker image
  • Options
    erkieerkie member

imageOriam:
    The only time I missed wine was when I was at Olive Garden a few weeks ago and the server came around with a sample of moscato. I LOVE their moscato! I passed of course but my sister had her sample and drank it right in front of me :P

I still got the sample and gave it to DH. They were generous samples, so he basically got a free glass of wine. This probably won't work when I'm actually showing Wink

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm normally a beer drinker, but I've been dying for a glass of white wine (Pinot Grigio) for a couple weeks now.
  • Options
    imageamnat84:

Sometimes I just stare at my husband drinking a beer and want to cry...

Also about a week before I found out I was PG, my friend brought back 2 bottles of my favorite wine from this winery in upstate NY...they are just sitting there...taunting me.  At least they'll be nice and aged by the time I can drink them :-)

DH and I had 6 bottles shipped to us from our favorite winery in Florida while we were on vacation in April. They took a week and a half to get to us and a few days later I found out I was pregnant.  Tongue Tied

• Options
    OriamOriam member
    imageerkie:

imageOriam:

I still got the sample and gave it to DH. They were generous samples, so he basically got a free glass of wine. This probably won't work when I'm actually showing Wink

HAHA good idea!

• Options

With my DD I didn't miss alcohol one bit.  With this one though I want a margarita or a glass of wine soooo bad.  I will admit I had a half of glass over the weekend at my IL's.  My dr said it was fine in moderation, but to me a half of glass is a tease!!

• Options

imageOriam:

THIS! I love OG's Moscato! I was fine until we went to the garden and then I missed it. I'm not a big beer/liquor person but I loved to unwind with a hot bath or a book with a class of a sweet wine. 

• Options
    A glass of wine or a beer really wouldn't hurt anything.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imagedrpayne:
    A glass of wine or a beer really wouldn't hurt anything.

One glass just isnt enough for me, though. Wink

• Options
    Nope. It's only really boring when sitting at a bar as the DD. Can't drink, can't smoke just too sober for drunk shenanigans. But I don't miss it at all.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I only really miss it at social gatherings... I make really good red & white sangria that I always bring to parties, and that is what I miss the most.
    imageimageimage
    26 years old, married since June 2009, DS born 1/19/13

Dear Baby Pacheco...
  • Options
    I really miss my Chardonnay and Pinot Grigio!!! Especially with it being summer and so hot out!!! It will all be worth it in the end. :-)
    imageimage BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I am ok wtih the occasional glass of wine (my poison of choice) after the 1st trimester so.... last night DH and I went out for a nice steak dinner for my bday and I SAVORED a glass of pinor noir. It was DELICIOUS :)

I am avoiding the raw stuff completely - sushi and oysters - so that is the hard one for me. In sept we are going to cape cod for a week and it will be REALLY hard to refuse the plucked-fresh-from-the-ocean oysters :(

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• Options
    I really miss wine too.  I'm not a big drinker but I used to have a glass of red wine with dinner sometimes so it's really hard now especially when we go out to eat.
  • Options
    A cold corona by the pool and my sushi.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker DD#1 3/04 *TTC #2 since 6/2010 EDD 1/30/13 changed to 2/4/13 we are having boy/girl twins!
  • Options

I was a but more than an "occasional" drinker (although, I guess it's all relative) -- I definitely miss getting to get a couple quality micro brews when we go out, for sure. DH still keeps them in the house, too -- maaaaaan. 

Ah well, one of my fav beers is the Great Lakes XMas Ale -- which should hit shelves around TGiving, so I'll definitely be grabbing a few of those to enjoy post-delivery! 

TTC Since 11/10 due to Unexplained IF 
    4 Rounds of Clomid, 2 Rounds of Femara + IUI, 2 rounds of IUI+ Injectables (Bravelle + Menopur) = First BFP! TWIN GIRLS!

November 2, 2012 - Claire (2lbs 8.9oz) and Paige (2lbs 10oz) arrive at 29w3d due to PTL and pPROM at 28w5d 
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

I really didn't miss it during 1st tri when I felt really tired, but now that I'm feeling better I do miss it. Especially now that it's summer time. There's nothing better on a hot Saturday afternoon than sitting outside with a cold beer or glass of chilled white wine.

Oh well! Small price to pay for having a baby Smile

5 IUIs to get BFP w/baby #1
    3 IUIs to get BFP w/baby #2
    Lost baby #2 at nearly 12 weeks (D&C on 9/19/14)
  • Options
    Kie310Kie310 member
    Almost every day I wish I could have a cocktail or a glass of wine. It's much worse this time than when I was pregnant with my first!
  • Options

imageOriam:

I always get that when I go to olive garden too! Well... I used to anyways. I've just been missing the fun summer vacation drinks I usually get when we travel somewhere. 

• Options
    imagebearkatjen:

Yes! I ,miss it so much more during this pregnancy than I did with DS. Maybe it's because this is a surprise, so out of the blue I had to stop. No last drink or anything. 

I miss it all, wine, beer, mixed drinks.... 

Oh! That's so not fair! :P 

• Options
    imageerkie:

imageOriam:

You're smart!!! 

• Options
    imageYellow415:
    imageamnat84:

Sometimes I just stare at my husband drinking a beer and want to cry...

Also about a week before I found out I was PG, my friend brought back 2 bottles of my favorite wine from this winery in upstate NY...they are just sitting there...taunting me.  At least they'll be nice and aged by the time I can drink them :-)

DH and I had 6 bottles shipped to us from our favorite winery in Florida while we were on vacation in April. They took a week and a half to get to us and a few days later I found out I was pregnant.  Tongue Tied

Oh no! :/  at least you have some nice wine for your celebratory drinks once LO is here. ;)

• Options
    imagePgh-CTBride:

I am ok wtih the occasional glass of wine (my poison of choice) after the 1st trimester so.... last night DH and I went out for a nice steak dinner for my bday and I SAVORED a glass of pinor noir. It was DELICIOUS :)

I am avoiding the raw stuff completely - sushi and oysters - so that is the hard one for me. In sept we are going to cape cod for a week and it will be REALLY hard to refuse the plucked-fresh-from-the-ocean oysters :(

Good for you enjoying yourself on your bday! Happy birthday btw! ;) 

• Options
    imagenycitygirl1:

I really didn't miss it during 1st tri when I felt really tired, but now that I'm feeling better I do miss it. Especially now that it's summer time. There's nothing better on a hot Saturday afternoon than sitting outside with a cold beer or glass of chilled white wine.

Oh well! Small price to pay for having a baby Smile

I totally agree, with both parts! :) 

• Options
    Oh, you mean my bottle of wine!?! I miss it, but I'm much happier knowing I have a little one growing inside of me! It's worth the 9 month break for the few things I cannot/shouldn't have!

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• Options

I fully intended to have the rare glass with my first pg too but my heartburn prevented me from enjoying it so I didnt. Since I am out of the 1st tri and the HB hasnt kicked in yet I took full advantage. And it was worth every last drop :)

I doubt Ill have any again for a while, maybe in late sept when we are on the cape with my family but yeah once in a while? IMO totally fine :)

11/18/16 missed m/c 9w1
    05/2017 cp
    08/03/17 no hb 8w

• Options
    jdm7jdm7 member
    I get a taste for wine/beer every now and then. I'll just take a sip of DH's beer and that can curb my desire. In my last pregnancy I had a 1/2 glass of wine and because my taste buds and sense of smell was stronger, it didn't taste good to me (it was a cheap bottle). 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Yes i really miss wine..i love wine! I have a few bottles over here that DH bought me before i found out about my pregnancy but cant drink any at all shucks! oh how i wish i could just have 1 glass that ok i can wait!! i guess brownies will do the trick and help me forget about wine lol!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageYellow415:
    In the beginning I really, really did but it doesnt bother me as much now. After a long day of work or a nice hot day on the patio, though, oh boy do I want a drink!

Holy cow yes!!! I want a frosty vodka and cran. I didn't miss it in the beginning but now I'm starting to want one. It's helped that DH has given it up too. Though I forced him to have a big blue moon the other night after he'd spent all day moving and packing.  

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I miss my beer.  :(  Badly.  It just makes me angry to see all of these people drink around me.  I know it sounds selfish, but especially in the summer, I would KILL for a nice cold beer.  At least my tolerance will be down after the baby!  lol.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imagePgh-CTBride:

Oysters!!!! That's is what I've been craving. Ice cold Appalachacola oysters.  

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    imageFurtureMrsCurtis:

imageYellow415:

Holy cow yes!!! I want a frosty vodka and cran. I didn't miss it in the beginning but now I'm starting to want one. It's helped that DH has given it up too. Though I forced him to have a big blue moon the other night after he'd spent all day moving and packing.  

Making my mouth water!

• Options

imageshanie33:
    This kind of weather makes me want beer so bad!  I used to have tons of house parties where we would all sit on my deck, grill burgers and drink beer!  I think I will miss it less as the fall/winter comes.  And hopefully I will be all back in commission for those deck nights next spring!

I agree. Summer makes me want an ice cold beer outside while enjoying the sun. Thankfully all of us will be in the 3rd tri during the holidays, so I'm sure it will go by fast because we all will be very busy! :P 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"