Minnesota Babies
Options

Delivered at Fairview Ridges (Burnsville)?

Anyone delivered there? It's the closest hospital to us and where my doctor has rights. He also has rights at Fairview Southdale but we live in Farmington and that's too far. I'm comfortable delivering at Ridges and think it's a fine hospital.

My husband though isn't so sure. A coworker of his talked horribly about the place because they wouldn't allow his wife to attempt a VBAC. I understand that though. When my sister wanted a VBAC she had to get prior approval from insurance and verify that her hospital would allow it (Abbott, which they did). I get why all hospitals can agree to or allow VBACs but my husband just can't get it out of his mind that it's not a good hospital.

Then last night on the news there was that settlement with a 3rd party company that can no longer operate in MN for 6 years because they were harassing patients to pay for services before having them done. Well the news story mentioned that the company operated in Ridges and another hospital I can't remember. Well of course my husband looks at me with this weird look on his face when he heard that too.

So I'm just looking for people that have had experience there and will confirm that it's a fine hospital to deliver at. Thanks! Smile

""No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you're the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside."
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
"On the night you were born, the moon smiled with such wonder that the stars peeked in to see you and the night wind whispered "Life will never be the same." Because there had never been anyone like you... ever in the world." ~ Nancy Tillman Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Delivered at Fairview Ridges (Burnsville)?

• Options

I delivered my first at Ridges and had a fairly good experience.  I am choosing to deliver there again in November. 

It's weird you are not allowed to try for a VBAC.  I was given that option by my doctor--I can choose a repeat C-section or try a VBAC.  Since I am choosing a C-section, I didn't explore the VBAC further, but I was definitely given a choice!

And the free parking is nice!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I delivered there and had a great experience. My doctor didn't end up delivering, but the doctor we ended up with was AMAZING! And my nurses were great as well. The one nurse who was with me all day was so incredible, not sure I could've done it without her!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thank you everyone! That is exactly what I thought; that it's a fine hospital! Didn't know about the free parking but my penny pinching husband will really like that!

Also, I totally understand why not all hospitals can allow VBACs and it doesn't reflect on the quality of care at the hospital IMO. I also realize that company was just operating in Fairview hospitals, not necessarily a part of Fairview. Like I said, neither of those made me think less of Fairview but for my DH they did for some reason.

Thanks again for the positive reviews and sharing experiences of Ridges!! Smile

""No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you're the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside."
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    "On the night you were born, the moon smiled with such wonder that the stars peeked in to see you and the night wind whispered "Life will never be the same." Because there had never been anyone like you... ever in the world." ~ Nancy Tillman Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

Hi! I don't post here hardly every but this caught my eye and I wanted to add a comment.

I delivered there almost 7 months ago and I can't tell you enough how much I love that place! the nurses are awesome and so are all docs! Not once did they rush me or pressure me into anything! I purposly went and saw a few different docs there b/c I knew there was a chance my doc wouldn't be able to deliver and I was right. But the doc I had was amazing! They took a really good care of me and my baby post partum.

And actually I'm pretty sure the VBAC option is available it just all depends on the situation. And a lot of other hosptial don't allow VBACs so I would't hold that against them.

The truth is, every hospital will have some good and some bad reviews, incidents etc... I can only speak from own experience and I have nothing but great things to say. My husband's cousin delevered two babies there as well and was very happy.

Hope this helps! :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

It's been a while (see ticker) but I also delivered at Ridges.  I had a good experience there, however we were both in ICU due to pre-e complications after DS was born so I don't have a ton of experience with the Mom & Baby section or their nurses.  The NICU (level 3) & ICUs are on different ends of the hospital so it made it somewhat challenging for SO & family to be going back & forth.  Hopefully that won't be an issue for you!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"