Two Under 2

Baby Shower?

My new SIL really wants to throw me a baby shower for this LO. I had a big family one for DS, but she wasn't part of the family then. The thing is, we just found out that it's another boy, and they'll only be ~14 months apart. DS1 was Oct and DS2 is Dec so they'll be in a similar season as well. I have plenty of clothes that still look brand new from DS1 growing so fast, and we'll be using his crib and nursery furniture. I'm not even getting a double stroller, as I can't find one that even want to use, so I'll just wear DS2. All I need is another monitor and diapers. I feel really bad inviting roughly the same people back for shower #2 so close together when I don't need a darn thing, especially clothes. They aren't able to have kids, and she doesn't have any other nieces/nephews, so my kids are kind of it for her. I don't know what to tell her. She is really excited about doing this, but I just don't need another shower. Any suggestions? Other party ideas? I don't want people to feel obligated to get me anything.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Baby Shower?

• Maybe a sprinkler shower, or I have also heard of a diaper shower where people bring diapers as the gift....

Another idea that I think my mother in law may do for us is a small get together/meet and greet after the new baby is born.  This allows everyone to meet the new baby (and may be easier on you since everyone will get to do it at once instead of tons of ppl in and out of your house at diff. times).  We do not plan on finding out the sex of Child2, so if it is a girl this will allow us to do something special for the first granddaughter.

BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Similar to previous poster, I've heard of whats called a "Pamper party" and the only girl guests bring are diapers.  She could do simple spa-like snacks and have someone come in to do manicures for guests!  Not sure what that would cost... She could also just provide polishes and files etc and guests could pamper themselves while sipping mimosas or something.  Its sweet that she wants to do something, but I agree, you don't want to put out the rest of your family to make her happy...
  • Loading the player...
  • imagejewl625:
    Similar to previous poster, I've heard of whats called a "Pamper party" and the only girl guests bring are diapers.  She could do simple spa-like snacks and have someone come in to do manicures for guests!  Not sure what that would cost... She could also just provide polishes and files etc and guests could pamper themselves while sipping mimosas or something.  Its sweet that she wants to do something, but I agree, you don't want to put out the rest of your family to make her happy...

*only GIFT (not girl) 

• I refused a shower because I didn't need anything really. My sister had a sprinkle and people brought diapers for a raffle they had. 

If I had to do it over again I would do a meet/greet after the baby was born and serve finger foods so I didn't have people stopping in my house for weeks and overstaying the amount of time they should stay.  

• If you do any type of party how about a sprinkle or, even better, a sip and see after the baby is born?

As a host she can encourage people to buy you diapers, if they ask what they can get you. Also, not that you asked but, I absolutely think you should consider a double stroller.  My DS was 15.5 months when my DD was born. I wore DD plenty, but really would have had a ridiculously hard time without a double stroller. I still use it and they are now 2.5 and 15m. A double stroller would make a great group gift!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"