New York Babies
Options

so now bloomberg wants to control what we choose to feed our babies too...

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/30/bloombergs-breast-feeding-latch-on-nyc-hospitals-hide-baby-formula_n_1718664.html?utm_hp_ref=new-york

I believe breast milk is best for your child. That being said, I don't think its anyone's business but the parents as to what they choose to feed their baby and the government should stay out of it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: so now bloomberg wants to control what we choose to feed our babies too...

• Options
    Yeah I'm very pro breastfeeding too but this is ridiculous. I'm all for educating women of the benefits and whatnot but when you're a new mom and you're tired and emotional and you have this tiny little person that you're figuring out how to take care of the LAST thing you want is someone telling you what you SHOULD do and then make you feel like you're doing something illegal if you choose formula. It's a bit much. Next he'll ban all food sales and have us lining up for our government approved portions for all meals. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    A friend of mine recently posted about this. I completely agree. I kind of borrowed from what you just wrote, it's exactly how I feel! I hope you don't mind LOL
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Not or nothing, I can't stand bloombag, but fir once he is right. I work full time and ave 2 children, and I am TIRED of seeing these lazy assed mothers choose formula because they get it on welfare for NOTHING! Give me a break, you don't agree with him! I had latch issues, flat nipples, not able to bf but I sure as hell didn't stop....I got a pump, and pumped my heart out or both my childre.for my dd I just finished pumping, and I have enough supply stored until she is 6 months....then I get to pay $380 a month for alimentum. Where's my handout!! Get over it. He's finally doing good!
  • Options

imagetriplenine:
    Not or nothing, I can't stand bloombag, but fir once he is right. I work full time and ave 2 children, and I am TIRED of seeing these lazy assed mothers choose formula because they get it on welfare for NOTHING! Give me a break, you don't agree with him! I had latch issues, flat nipples, not able to bf but I sure as hell didn't stop....I got a pump, and pumped my heart out or both my childre.for my dd I just finished pumping, and I have enough supply stored until she is 6 months....then I get to pay $380 a month for alimentum. Where's my handout!! Get over it. He's finally doing good!

I agree that some mothers now a days don't even give breastfeeding a shot, but they are the ones who make that decision before the baby is even born. There's no way a nurse is going to convince them otherwise. 

I feel like this "Latch On" program needs to be broadened to support mothers who already nurse. Things like forcing employers to provide sufficient break times for pumping and a comfortable place to do so and require more places to have a small area where mothers can nurse. I feel that at the very least, every store that sells children's clothing and products should have a nursing/changing area like Babies R Us and Buy Buy Baby has. Campaign ads are helpful, but instead of just showing a picture of JUST a baby show a picture of a mother while nursing her baby. If celebrities and Victoria's secret models can have their boobs plastered all over the subway then seeing a nursing mother shouldn't bother people so much. We show less boob than they do FFS!!!

• Options

i think bloomberg is taking it too far. 

for me personally, i already know i will have trouble. i'm panhypopit and will most likely not be able to nurse since my body won't produce prolactin, like it doesn't produce other hormones. to think that i'll have to fight with nurses about how it's better for baby (err, babies!) and me will just make me sadder because i will know that there's nothing i can do about it! :-(

• Options
    Bloomy has not been clear. Should he endorse breastfeeding as well as provide discounted pumps and products?... ABSOLUTELY! He is just taking away sample bottles given at the hospitals. I bought a pack of newborn Enfamil Lipil JUST IN CASE. Although I breastfed my oldest, I remember the first few days, no matter how much I pumped and she latched on... my milk supply did not come in until the 5th day. Every woman is different... no way that I will let a newborn starve and besides no one should depend on samples.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"