Trouble TTC

Avoid exercising during the 2ww?

Do you avoid working out during the 2ww?  I normally run (3-4 miles) 2-3 days a week and do a weight lifting (Les Mills Body Pump) 2-3 days a week.  I was just reading online that exercise like that should be avoided because it can hurt the implantation process.  Now I am freaking out because I did the trigger thursday, ran/went to the weight lifting class Saturday and ran/went to the weight lifting class last night...

Me: 27 DH: 32
TTC since 10/2011
Off BCP 10/2011
Cycle 1:110 days-Provera ended
Cycle 2:57 days-natural AF
Cycle 3:96 days-Provera ended to begin first treatment cycle
7/12:SA-"Normal" Count:47 million Motility:75% Morph:3%
7/12: Provera+50mg Clomid+Ovidrel+TI+Progesterone=BFN
8/12:50mg Clomid+Ovidrel+TI+Progesterone=???

Re: Avoid exercising during the 2ww?

• Agree, ask your doctor. But try not to freak out about it - it sounds like you have been exercising for awhile now so your body is used to it. You should be fine.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I have a great book called Getting Pregnant Naturally and it says for phase four of your cycle (potential implantation) you should avoid strenuous activity and stick to something like walking, swimming, cycling, or yoga. I would try not to freak out over what you did though. 
    ?TTC#1 since 04/11?CP 03/28/12?Me:Polycystic Ovaries&Endo??Him:MFI- Awaiting 2nd SA?
    ?Blog?
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm mostly a walker so I can't speak to your specific activities, but I second PPs on asking your doctor. With our upcoming IVF, the paperwork says nothing too jostling but I almost feel like that's just a placebo effect recommendation.  

Baking Blog | TTC Blog | Pinterest
    TTC #1 since October 2010 | Began Testing in January 2012
    DH SA - low motility with 0% morph; varicocele (repaired); low T (on Clomid)
    IVF w/ICSI (long Lupron w/ Repronex and Follistim) in September 2012

imageimage
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• I workout a lot too. A few months ago I stopped during the 2WW (because I read something similar to what you did and DH started to worry about "things bouncing around")...after a few months I realized I wasn't feeling good about myself-working out is part of who I am and I just felt gross. I asked two different doctors and they both said that for during the 2ww, it's fine to workout (IVF is different). I do Zumba, running, Body Pump and yoga...
    Anniversary
    My Food Blog
    DH and I: Both 31
    HSG, bloodwork, SA-possible blockage in right tube Continue TI July 2012 August 2012: Clomid 50mg + TI=bfn, switched RE September 2012: Redo HSG-blockage in right tube confirmed November 2012: Clomid 25mg, Bravelle + Trigger + IUI= ectopic pregnancy December 2012: emergency laparoscopy and D&C, removed right tube 2 more IUI's-one bfn, one CP IVF #1=CP FET#1=BFN IVF#2-converted to FET due to PGS testing and high progesterone levels. Only one good embryo from PGS-didn't survive thaw. transferred 2 embryos from IVF #1=BFP! 2 yolks sacs seen at 5w4d sonogram!
  • I messaged my RE and the nurse said yes, definitely avoid any strenuous activity such as weight lifting and fast running during the 2ww.  So annoying...I wish they had told me that in the beginning...

Me: 27 DH: 32
    TTC since 10/2011
    Off BCP 10/2011
    Cycle 1:110 days-Provera ended
    Cycle 2:57 days-natural AF
    Cycle 3:96 days-Provera ended to begin first treatment cycle
    7/12:SA-"Normal" Count:47 million Motility:75% Morph:3%
    7/12: Provera+50mg Clomid+Ovidrel+TI+Progesterone=BFN
    8/12:50mg Clomid+Ovidrel+TI+Progesterone=???

• I guess it's up to the doctor. My RE definitely said it was fine...and my neighbor ran marathons throughout her 2ww's and her entire pregnancy and their daughter is just fine!
    Anniversary
    My Food Blog
    DH and I: Both 31
    HSG, bloodwork, SA-possible blockage in right tube Continue TI July 2012 August 2012: Clomid 50mg + TI=bfn, switched RE September 2012: Redo HSG-blockage in right tube confirmed November 2012: Clomid 25mg, Bravelle + Trigger + IUI= ectopic pregnancy December 2012: emergency laparoscopy and D&C, removed right tube 2 more IUI's-one bfn, one CP IVF #1=CP FET#1=BFN IVF#2-converted to FET due to PGS testing and high progesterone levels. Only one good embryo from PGS-didn't survive thaw. transferred 2 embryos from IVF #1=BFP! 2 yolks sacs seen at 5w4d sonogram!
  • I had one re tell me no and one that it didn't matter. I did water aerobics 1 a week during the 2ww but nothing more.  If you're concerned take it down to walking the same distance instead of running. The re that told me not to said walking was fine 
  • Well it looks like you already have your answer from your Dr. I hope you find something else fun to do during the 2ww.

I used to only do walking during the 2ww, but as others have said I felt like I wasn't getting a good enough workout. I read a couple books from the library about exercising while preg and asked my Drs. My OB and PCP both said exercise was fine, fwiw. I don't run much, mostly elliptical and stair-step (?) machine and light weightlifting, workout videos, etc but I do get my heart rate pretty high sometimes. They said it was fine, but I do sometimes go a little less hard during the 2ww.

TTC from May 2011 to Jan 2013. Due 9/11/13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"