October 2011 Moms
Options

Anyone have a changing table toy/mobile?

I need something to distract her during diaper changes (that won't fall to the floor) and now that I have another one the way, I was wondering if they made toys that attach to the changing table. Anyone seen something like I'm describing?
Married 5/31/08 * TTC#1 9/09 - 2/11
after anovulatory diagnosis and TTC for 1 1/2yrs with several medicated cycles and one chemical pregnancy, we have our first bundle of joy!
IT'S A GIRL!
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
#2 EDD 2/5/13 dx with anti-BIG E antibody, seeing a MFM
Lilypie Maternity tickers
VOTE on my Name List
I don't take one single minute for granted.

Re: Anyone have a changing table toy/mobile?

• Options
    Nope, but I just give her thing after thing as she throws them on the floor. She likes hangers, combs, anything I would normally take away.
  • Options
    My kid is such a weirdo he likes his tooth brush.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagemamaZbo:
    Nope, but I just give her thing after thing as she throws them on the floor. She likes hangers, combs, anything I would normally take away.

No, but I've seen them.  Like mama said, I let him play with his comb, or a couple of toys that I keep there for that purpose.

• Options
    We made a mobile and hung it from our ceiling over the changing table. Since we are science geeks here we made a "giant microbes" mobile using about 6 of the stuffed toys, a needlepoint ring, and some yarn to tie the toys to the ring. DS loves all of the different colored microbes and their flagella. It seems to keep him entertained.
    image"width="200px"> Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

imagesmit5009:
    We made a mobile and hung it from our ceiling over the changing table. Since we are science geeks here we made a "giant microbes" mobile using about 6 of the stuffed toys, a needlepoint ring, and some yarn to tie the toys to the ring. DS loves all of the different colored microbes and their flagella. It seems to keep him entertained.

Um, can I say that is freakin' awesome?!?!  I love science!  Are you blinding him with science?  Har har har

• Options
    imageChunstad:

imagesmit5009:

Um, can I say that is freakin' awesome?!?!  I love science!  Are you blinding him with science?  Har har har

I think so... The poor kid doesn't have a chance! He got to see 5 linear accelerators a few weeks ago. Hopefully the kid won't grow up to be a complete geek! (heehee)

image"width="200px"> Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imagesmit5009:
    imageChunstad:

imagesmit5009:

I think so... The poor kid doesn't have a chance! He got to see 5 linear accelerators a few weeks ago. Hopefully the kid won't grow up to be a complete geek! (heehee)

I would totally take a geek over a 'popular' kid.  Your little guy sounds so lucky-think of the support that he'll get on his science projects! :-)

• Options
    imageChunstad:
    imagesmit5009:
    imageChunstad:

imagesmit5009:

I would totally take a geek over a 'popular' kid.  Your little guy sounds so lucky-think of the support that he'll get on his science projects! :-)

Thanks so much Chunstad!  :) As long as he isn't a Sheldon Cooper we would probably be OK with it (heehee).

• Options
    LCassLCass member

We copied friends of ours and attached a giant flower to the table.  It bends and hangs over her face.  TBH, though, it doesn't distract her very well most of the time.  But I think that's mostly 'cause I didn't give her much of a chance to play with it and get interested in it before I attached it.

Here's a picture of the same kind of flower

BFP #1: July 12, 2010 Natural M/C: July 26, 2010

BFP #2: January 30 ,2011 Born: September 29, 2011

BFP #3: January 5, 2013 Born: August 25, 2013

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=&CT=&CG=F&O=m_sleep4&T=t_b22&D=20110929&M1=&D1=&T2=Our+Rosh+Hashanah+baby!&T1=Lily&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=A&SC=green

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=&CT=&CG=F&O=m_baby7&T=t_b14&D=20130825&M1=&D1=&T2=&T1=Sammy&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=A&SC=green

• Options

Like PPs said, I entertain her with things she normally can't have. Diaper rash cream, hair brush, wipies, shoes, etc. Seems to work long enough to change the diaper, but getting her clothes back on is another story. Lately I've stood her up on the floor between my knees to get clothes put back together.

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagejessica0602:
    My kid is such a weirdo he likes his tooth brush.

We did this too, until she tossed her toothbrush into a poopy diaper. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"