Toddlers: 24 Months+

Puddle jumper question

has anyone used a puddle jumper on a child under 30 lbs? DS is probably about 27 lbs. and I was  hoping to get him one for our vacation next month, but apparently they are for 30-50 lbs. Obviously I want him to be safe, but I'm wondering if the weight is because of the size of the puddle jumper, or a safety thing or what. And if he is too small for it, any other suggestions?

Re: Puddle jumper question

• LoCarbLoCarb member

Not sure about weight limit as DD is 33 lbs. After you get that question answered I would definitely try on the puddle jumper before purchasing.  I did not and the arms are too loose and keep sliding off DD. 

Actually, now that I think of it, our community pool has jumpers available for use and there is no disclaimer on weight.  I have seen children thinner than DD wear them.  These fit her better too.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DD is just 30 lbs and we've used her puddle jumper for the past 2 summers. The arms can kind of slide a little if she's walking around outside the pool, but it's never been an issue in water.
  • Loading the player...
  • My son is 26 pounds and using the 30-50 lb one too.  It is fine.  It is not like I am letting him in the pool without me or anything so even if it is a bit big (but secure) I am watching him 24 x 7.
  • Yes mine both used w/ no problem last summer around 25 lbs. Had to pull the back strap all the way but it was not excessively loose.
  • We use it on DD who's around 25 pounds.  It's a little loose on her, but not to the point where it'll slide off.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • *LrCg**LrCg* member
    My 2 year old DD is 23 lbs (wearing shoes) and it fits fine.  She swims and floats in it and we've never had issues of it falling off or being too big.
  • Kie310Kie310 member

My son is under 30lbs. Lives in that thing because my ILs take him to the pool they are members of, and my best friend has a pool, we are there a bunch. It works great, he is around 27 lbs. He swims around by himself with it on.

He used it a few times last summer too - but he wasn't swimming on his own, it seemed to work just fine, never came off or anything.

• Awesome, thanks ladies!
  • IME, the puddle jumper tended to flip DD2 onto her back when she was lighter. She's 30.8 lbs now, and it's better. I tend to hold the strap in the back to encourage her to stretch her legs out more and get into a swimming position. 
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • Leap08Leap08 member
    My daughter is about 28 pounds and she wore one on our vacation over the 4th. It didn't fall off or anything and it did support her in the water. It was a little big around the arms and waist, but not big enough to fall off. She loves it.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • DS is 27 pounds and a skinny tall guy and it fits him when it's as tight as it can be he will be able to wear it for years

Me DOR amh .64 ng/mL  
    DH Brain Cancer
    BFP #1 12/11/08 DS born 8/23/09
    BFP#2 10/13/11 DC 11/4/11
    BFP#3 12/6/13 Lost 12/29/13
    Told IVF is the only option and have not found a clinic that will take me.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"