Natural Birth
Options

Natural birth twins

Anyone  with twins considering natural childbirth?  I just started Hypnobabies. Any advice or experiences will be greatly appreciated. Thanks and good luck to all. 
BabyFetus Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Natural birth twins

• Options
    I have no experience but I do know that it is possible. Usually if the first baby is in the correct position after it is born they can turn the second. Although not all docs/mws will do this.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I was born in a hospital in 1981 and my Mom had a medication free birth with me and my twin. I also now my MW has delivered at least one set of twins at home. GL!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    one of my HypnoBirthing students birthed her twins at home. happy to share some info with you (positive birth stories). email me at Lindsey AT SunflowersHealingandWellness DOT com
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I saw a Youtube video recently of a young women who had an unmedicated hospital birth of twins. She shows pretty much the whole birth. The first one was head down but the second one was breach. It's pretty amazing. Search "Natural birth twins" and it should come right up. I forget her channel name but she is really young...maybe 20? It's really inspiring.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageoliversmommy32912:
    I saw a Youtube video recently of a young women who had an unmedicated hospital birth of twins. She shows pretty much the whole birth. The first one was head down but the second one was breach. It's pretty amazing. Search "Natural birth twins" and it should come right up. I forget her channel name but she is really young...maybe 20? It's really inspiring.

Here's the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0iHWnBf66Q

Thanks for sharing.  That made me tear up.  After seeing well over a thousand babies born, it takes something special to make me tear up at a delivery.  But she was amazing!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Thanks everyone. I'm going to the video now!!

BabyFetus Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I'm pregnant with twins and I plan to go med-free as long as Baby A stays head down and as long as labor progresses normally. That said, I am much more open to the epi this time around and more willing to let my OB call the shots since there are so many more variables.  

TTC #2 since July 2010
    FSH = 11 (20 on day 10 of CCCT)/ AMH = .98 / AFC=12ish
    5 IUI's with oral meds = all BFN
    March 2012 IVF (MDL Protocol) Started stims 3/3; ER 3/11 (9R, 8M, 7F) ET 3/16 (5dt of 2 blasts graded 3AB and 3BA, 3 frosties(!!) Beta 3/26 = 386; Beta 3/28 = 827; u/s 4/11 says TWINS! Boy/Girl Twins delivered at 36 weeks 6 days

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I just wanted to say that it is possible!  The woman I used to nanny for had her twins med-free.  They were both head-down.  Baby A came 50 min after arriving at the hospital (she had always planned to get an epi, but there wasn't time) and Baby B came 9 minutes later.  They were both the picture of perfect health.  

Good luck to you!   

• Options

imageJcrab:
    I was born in a hospital in 1981 and my Mom had a medication free birth with me and my twin. I also now my MW has delivered at least one set of twins at home. GL!

Me and my twin were born in 1981 too! We were born vaginally (but unfortunately, the doctor had missed the fact that my mom was having twins b/c back then ultrasounds weren't common, so he had already completely numbed her thinking he was going to have to do a c-section for a 12lb baby! But that would never happen today :) And yet even with the surprise factor, all went fine). All that to say, you can definitely have an uncomplicated, low-to-no intervention birth with twins! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"