Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Circumcision question

If you had a boy (obviously) and you did circumcise, did your LO scream or cry? Also, how old was your DS when you had it done? 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Circumcision question

• Options

I wasnt there for the procedure but he went out sleeping and came back sleeping 10 maybe 12 minutes later.  I know he had to have cried during, but he was better quickly. He wasnt fussy or anything later in the day either. 

My LO was 1 day old. I was told several times to get it done as early as possible. Every day he was a little more awake. Im so glad I got it done as soon as possible. 

• Options
    All 3 are, none screamed.  Cried a little, but not during the procedure, but during the beginning when they are restrained from moving.  # 1 and 2 had it done the day before discharge from the hospital, #3 had it done at 6 days old I believe, the MW's and my pediatrician wanted to do it then to make sure BF'ing was established first. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. She never existed before. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Same for us as PP except later in the day DS fussed a little bit here and there which made me think he was uncomfortable from it but I don't know for sure. The healing was fine too, no problems. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My boys were preemies, so they were a few weeks old when it was done. They cried a bit, but I'm pretty sure it was more traumatic for me. 
    MFI and (now) AMA
    IVF 1 April 2011 - Cancelled
    IVF 1.5 July 2011 - MC
    IVF 2 October 2011 - BFP!
    *Identical Twin Boys born June 2012*
    Here we go again...IVF 3 is underway!
  • Options
    DS was 1 day old when we did the circumcision. He cried when they strapped his legs down and then when they gave him the numbing shot and that was all. It really wasn't as terrible as I thought it might be. I think I was more uncomfortable then he was. He slept most of the day after that and was totally healed within 4 days! 
  • Options

DS was a week old.  They took him to another room, and the nurse told me he didn't scream and he came through like a champ!

I think we expected it to be worse than it actually was! 

Renee- 37 DH - Chad - 39
    2/06 - surprise pregnancy - twins
    3/06 - m/c 1st baby at 6 weeks 
    5/06 -2nd baby had no heartbeat at 14 wks.
    D&E - Bled out. Blood transfusions. Week in ICU - Cheated Death!
    Diagnosis: Blood clotting and bleeding disorder, immune issues, & cervical stenosis
    5/10 - 1st IVF cycle - BFN
    FET - 10/12/10 - BFN
    1/11 - IVF with PGD - BFN
    IVF - May - BFN
    6/11 New RE - fingers crossed!
    9/11 - IVF - 4 transferred
    10/13 - BFP!!
    It's a boy! Clint Michael, Due in June!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    DS was more pissed off that he was hungry than he was about the circumcision - they used a local anesthetic beforehand. After he ate, he was fine and it never seemed to bother him. He was two weeks old.
  • Options
    He was a week old and though I wasn't in the room for the procedure, when they brought him back to me he was a mess.  Shaking like crazy and whimpering so hard he could barely catch his breath.  It was horrible :/
  • Options
    It was one the morning of discharge.  I wasn't there but when they brought him back they gave him a pacifier to calm him down.  He was fine but sleepy.
  • Options
    DS was almost 3 weeks (our DR normally does it at 2 weeks, but he had a full schedule *rolls eyes*).  We were not in the room, he was not crying when they brought him back to us about 10 minutes later.  He slept almost the entire day afterwards.  It was healed in about 7 days.   I think it was more traumatic for me because I just imagined him being in terrible pain for days.  
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    I am sure he cried during the procedure but when he came back to me he was content and sleeping.  He was 2 days old.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersimageimageimage
  • Options
    DS had his done the day after he was born, and he slept through the whole thing.
  • Options
    Hubby went with him and said he never even made a sound. It healed nicely and we're doing well! :o)
  • Options
    DS was 6 days old when he had it done. He was really upset with being held down. But after I held him for a few minutes when everything was done he went right to sleep. (My husband and I weren't in the room during) I was a mess!! Thank god it is done and over!
  • Options
    imagenaybird:

DS was a week old.  They took him to another room, and the nurse told me he didn't scream and he came through like a champ!

I think we expected it to be worse than it actually was! 

This! They asked if I wanted to go with him and I said no! He did fine and as long as we kept Vaseline on the wound he had no issues with sticking to the diaper etc.  

• Options

imagekincaid44:
    He was a week old and though I wasn't in the room for the procedure, when they brought him back to me he was a mess.  Shaking like crazy and whimpering so hard he could barely catch his breath.  It was horrible :/

this was my DS.  He wasn't crying when they gave him back to me but he was red like he had been crying hard for awhile.  I think he was gone for 40 mins. and I  could tell he was upset--it was heartwrenching to have him away and not know what really happened. He was fine other than that, but I hated knowing he might have been hurting. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

We had it done the day after birth and our son handled it well. The biggest problem was that he was very very sleepy the rest of the day as someone said previously. Our hospital doesn't let you schedule it in advance - they put you on a list and come get you when its your turn. It just so happened that it was very near our son's next feeding time and he skipped a feeding and had trouble waking for the one after that which made him lose a lot of weight that day. Nobody told me he would be so sleepy, I wished they had. So I would try to feed him before you do it!

• Options
    Circumcision was performed by urologist on day 3.    Although she explained the procedure and after-care instructions very well, she failed to mention that our son would come back extremely upset once the local wore off.   My husband and I had to do skin to skin for almost an hour to calm the LO down.   We also had some issues post-discharge in that the penis area was obvi very red and raw.  This made LO upset during diaper changes.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"