Two Under 2
Options

Useful items for 2U2?

We just found out we are expecting and have a 17 mo DS (kids will be 25 months apart, so just shy of 2u2).  What products are useful to help with having both kids? Would it be a good idea to get a double stroller?? Right now we have a BOB, that we loveee, but I dont want to buy one if DS will not be in the stroller as he nears 2years old.  Anything else that you find useful? My DS is extremely active so I know there are going to be a  lot of times I am trying to control him while taking care of a newborn....any other advice would be great :)
BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Useful items for 2U2?

• Options

My first two are 16 mo apart, we got a Koolcraft Contour double stroller and LOVE it! Both seats are removable and can face you or away. It has an attachment for an infant seat and lots of storage! Good luck to you, it is so fun watching siblings become friends!

• Options

I would wait to decide on a stroller.  My kids are 18months apart and we got a double stroller and use it alot.  But now that she is almost 2, she hardly ever wants to go in the stroller.  I do still make her ride in it when we take the dog for a walk though.  It is also useful for trips to places like the zoo.  You may want to just get a sit-and-stand type though, rather than a traditional double.

I would highly recommend getting a baby carrier b/c you will need it while chasing a toddler.  I used a Baby Ktan for the 1st 3 months and really liked it.  Then I switched to the Ergo which I LOVE!

We really didn't need to buy anything else.  DD moved to a twin bed in her new big girl room, so we just reused the nursery and everything for DS. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    kagl08kagl08 member
    I second the baby carrier! We have an Ergo and it makes my life so much easier!

Also, my DD will be 2 in 6 days. I can say that we use the double as much as we did when DS was 1st born. I'd be lost without our double stroller and DD doesn't protest it at all. We have the City Mini Double.
  • Options

Mine are 16 months apart and we NEEDED a double stroller. With your age gap I would get something that can be converted to a double (for the zoo, amusement parks, long walks) but is a single stroller. Something like city select, Phil and Ted, Britax..... And sell your BOB 

We have a city select and a city mini GT/elite. The city select is great because it can be a single, double, has car seat attachment, and you can buy a glider board for the toddler (if you want a single+ride on board). Our city elite is great with two toddlers and my preferred stroller now but with a 17 month old and almost 3 year old I only need a stroller when doing walks or the zoo (it's more rugged than the city mini and supposed to the same as the BOB but i can use the same accessories with the city select.)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks you all are awesome!! dont know how you do it but I guess I will find out...LOL!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

A double stroller, baby carriers (Moby, then Ergo), and a second crib really made life easier.

We have a Baby Jogger City Mini. My kids are 15.5 months apart, but they are now 2.5y and 15m old and we still use the double regularly. My oldest has been walking for a long long time, and sure there are times when he could walk, but it's easier / safer / faster to keep him in the routine of being buckled into the double. I think it's essential if you'll be alone with the two kids a lot.

I borrowed a Moby for the newborn days and I loved it. DD would snuggle up against me and be happy as could be. This allowed me to have both hands free for my toddler. Then I started using the Ergo, which is great. (So much better than the Bjorn!) I'll use my Ergo again with my third baby, but you may want to look into a Beco. I think it's just like an Ergo with the option to forward face- which is the only thing missing with the Ergo.

And last, the crib. At 25+ months your child will be old enough to transition to a bed. Many people switch by this age. However, we chose to buy a second crib and I am so thankful we did this. Like I said, my oldest is 2.5y and he is still in a crib. This has saved my sanity. No additional transition when new baby arrived. No chasing a toddler around during nap time and bedtime. We maintained 2 naps a day for 2 hours each when the baby arrived and now my oldest takes 1 nap a day for 3-4 hours. If he had the option to get up naps might have flown out the door long ago. I need that down time!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    When you guys say infant carrier, do you mean a sling?
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    ....having 2 high chairs was very helpful for me, good luck.
  • Options
    imagemayowife:

A double stroller, baby carriers (Moby, then Ergo), and a second crib really made life easier.

We have a Baby Jogger City Mini. My kids are 15.5 months apart, but they are now 2.5y and 15m old and we still use the double regularly. My oldest has been walking for a long long time, and sure there are times when he could walk, but it's easier / safer / faster to keep him in the routine of being buckled into the double. I think it's essential if you'll be alone with the two kids a lot.

I borrowed a Moby for the newborn days and I loved it. DD would snuggle up against me and be happy as could be. This allowed me to have both hands free for my toddler. Then I started using the Ergo, which is great. (So much better than the Bjorn!) I'll use my Ergo again with my third baby, but you may want to look into a Beco. I think it's just like an Ergo with the option to forward face- which is the only thing missing with the Ergo.

And last, the crib. At 25+ months your child will be old enough to transition to a bed. Many people switch by this age. However, we chose to buy a second crib and I am so thankful we did this. Like I said, my oldest is 2.5y and he is still in a crib. This has saved my sanity. No additional transition when new baby arrived. No chasing a toddler around during nap time and bedtime. We maintained 2 naps a day for 2 hours each when the baby arrived and now my oldest takes 1 nap a day for 3-4 hours. If he had the option to get up naps might have flown out the door long ago. I need that down time!

I second the second crib. Z is almost 2 but he is completely content in his crib.  Use the crib for your oldest as long as you can.

I also love love love my moby and just ordered our BOB duallie so we can all go do things.  Z is a very good walker but sometimes he wants to ride in the stroller.  We also have a city mini with the pad in the back for Z to stand on for short outings. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker My birthson who came before I was ready. He doesn't call me mom but I love him just the same. ~7/10/99~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"