August 2011 Moms
Options

Remember that time my baby turned one? (PIP heavy)

It all started a week ago. I woke up one morning and BOOM! My baby was one. ONE. I tried to deny it but alas I had to face the truth: a whole year has gone since my baby came into this world.

We then spent the following week celebrating her birthday. First there was our family fishing trip. Remember how I said I was going to do something super simple, what with the 3-hour drive to get there and all? Well, thanks to cadegani, this is the "simple" cake I baked for DD:

(that cake was a huge hit. Even those who claim to not have a sweet tooth asked for seconds - thanks again for the recipe, cadegani!)

My mom didn't quite grasp the concept of "let her have fun with her cake"image

Even after I gave DD her own piece, my mom wouldn't let her get dirtyimage

Buuuut DD finally got her way, much to her (and mine!) delight. I must admit I was a *little* disappointed she didn't make more of a mess eating her cake. lolimage

Sharing her birthday present with her big sister

"Keeping it simple" meant making do with a big ol' bag of balloons, which led to this improvised center piece :)

DD1 was still in the mood to celebrate her sister's birthday, but *someone* didn't seem to agree with her. image

This is the best picture of the 4 of us that we got the entire week.image

It's not great, but it definitely beats this. lolimage

Then after eating too much cake, going for excursions out on the lake and in the woods, it was time to leave. I must admit that while I was glad to be heading home, I was a little sad to leave this behind

imageimage

But I didn't have much time to grovel as I had one day to prepare DD's second party (!!!). It ended up being bigger than I had planned (we had a total of about 25 guests) but I kept it as simple as I had planned and everyone had a blast (can I say Splash Park for the win!) - Some more than others:

(hey at least someone was excited about DD'S birthday!)

Having a little taste of her birthday (cup)cakeimage

"What? You've never seen a baby eat a cupcake before?" (and yes, I am aware that this is not the most flattering shot of myself, but whatevs)image

For some reason, DD1 thought the cake tasted MUCH better without any clothes on. lol

DD didn't care so much for unwrapping her presents. That's when the bigger kids happily stepped in. (LOVE that water table, by the way)

My happy Birthday Girl

So all in all, we had tons of fun, but the past week has been exhausting (I'll save the part about our bathroom remodel for another day) and now I have a ONE YEAR OLD. ::sobs in corner::

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Remember that time my baby turned one? (PIP heavy)

• Options
    I love pip heavy posts! Thank you, you've made my day. Happy Birthday baby Mama Ha!
  • Options
    Awwwwwww looks like it was all super fun! Mmmmmmm that is one of the best cakes I have seen. Please someone PM that recipe :-) Your LO's are so darling. Also all the pics are great even the family one you are not to fond of. <3
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mmmmm! That cake looks sooo good!!!! Happy birthday mama and baby!! Loved this post!! Too cute!! :) 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Happy Birthday!  It looks like she had a blast celebrating!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I really want a piece of that delicious looking cake. Right now.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    S-TunaS-Tuna member
    I'm celebrating my next birthday at the Ha household. Looks like you guys had a fabulous week. Happy birthday DD2!
  • Options
    eesomeeesome member

How cute! That cake looks AMAZING! I would blow my entire diet and eat a few slices of that...LOVE strawberries.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Love pictures!! The cake was super cute and looks yummy! Happy Birthday to your LO
  • Options

Thank you for all the pics.  I always feel like 2-3 pictures doesn't even come close to capturing the party, and I'm always left wanting more.

This post is filled with awesome.  Congratulations on your baby turning one!!  That's huge!!  And, the cake...  it looks like it tasted amazing, and I'm sure DD2 loved getting into it even if it wasn't with as much enthusiasm as you anticipated. 

Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    LOVE this post!  Thanks for sharing all those great photos!  Happy Birthday to your sweet LO!
  • Options
    What a fun time! Thanks for sharing it with us!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"