July 2012 Moms
Options

Update

well, I've been MIA but thought I'd check in to say hi and post a new pic of miss Maia.  She is growing like crazy!  We had to see a pediatric cardiologist because at her 4 day weight check visit the doctor felt her heart rate was irregular  (sped up and slowed down).  That appeared to resolve by the time of the visit last week but the cardiologist did hear a murmur (the doc we saw on day 4 of life, the pediatrician we saw on day 9 when I freaked out over 6 hrs of Maia hyperventilating, and her regular FP we saw at the 2 wk check didn't hear a murmur).  So she had an EKG which was normal as well as an echo and she does have a patent foramen ovale as well as peripheral pulmonary stenosis but both are remnants from fetal life and the cardiologist said both should resolve as she grows.  He said that if she still has a murmur at 3 yrs old, then she should have another echo done to see how big the PFO is and if they need to do surgery to fix it.  Otherwise, unless she starts having other symptoms of heart issues (turning blue, poor growth, breathing difficulties), she doesn't need to see them again.  I think since he's the only one who even heard the murmur, I may ask for the echo to be done at age 3 even if they don't hear a murmur.  She was 9 lbs 13 oz at that visit so 1 lb 3 oz heavier than her birth weight at 21 days old.

She still poops like crazy though to be fair, she does mini squirts and since her butt skin is so sensitive, she requires a diaper change even with small bits of poop (we're talking a slight smear sometimes).  That's the nice thing about cloth, just change it out and wash every 2-3 days.  She did have rash issues that we decided to switch her cloth diaper detergent so she spent a few days in disposables and ran through those quickly too.  

Well, nap time is over so this mama cow needs to feed her baby.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"