Pregnant after 35
Options

Haribo, I am out

Well, my story was that we were shocked!  I got off Loestrin birth control pills three months ago because I had every bad side effect there was and until a girlfriend mentioned her issues with it, I thought it was my new "mom over 40 and extremely tired personality". I was waiting on my period to start to go get my annual exam done. I hadn't started my period so I peed on a stick. I just knew that would make my period start because that's what happens when you struggle to get pregnant.  You pee on a stick and start your period. After going through two full IVF rounds, we were blessed with Ford so I figured I didn't have to really be concerned with birth control.

I went for my first blood draw and my HCG was 1259 and progesterone 27 which was great, I went two days later hcg was 2915 and four days later(last Tuesday) we did an ultrasound and there was an empty sac but I measured 5 weeks so they said that could be normal. But my HCG was only 5213 and this was 4 days after the 2915. I went back today and there was a sac but they couldn't see if there was a fetal pole and I measured 6 weeks and 1 day. The doctor said he wasn't going to do any more blood draws. He felt from the HCG levels, I would miscarry. I go back Friday to check for a heartbeat on an ultrasound and then for a D and C. I have cried off and on all day but  I am trying to focus on the fact that this gives us hope that we can try to have another on our own. I wish I was giving good news but maybe I will get to join you again.So excited for you!  Deanne

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Haribo, I am out

• Options
    So sorry!  What an emotional roller coaster.  Prayers for you tonight.  
  • Options
    Oh Deanne, I am so so so sad to read this!!  I am terribly sorry.  However, I am still going to be stubborn for you and hold on to hope that maybe there will be a heartbeat on Friday.  I am crossing everything I can and praying that you will get a wonderful surprise. Please let me know how your appointment goes. BUT if this somehow does not work out, I still think it is wonderful that you and your DH were able to get pregnant on your own, and I will wait for you to join me again!!!! Lots and lots and lots of hugs heading to you.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    steverstever member
    I am so, so sorry.
  • Options
    I'm sorry you are going through this. Me and DH TTC and I had 3 blighted ovums/missed miscarriages and we gave up. I couldn't go through it again plus I assumed I was too old. 1 yr. ago today, we accidentally conceived Ross who will be 16 weeks tomorrow. I am 44. I was a nervous wreck all 39 weeks of my pregnancy but he is wonderfully healthy. Good luck to you.
  • Options

I am so sorry you are going through this.  I am hoping that you are just a late implanter and that your slow rising betas take off and that you see a hb on Friday.  ((HUGS))

• Options
    I am so sorry to hear you are going through such a hellish emtional rollercoaster. Big hugs and good thoughts being sent your way.
  • Options
    Hi Deanne, just wanted to say im sorry your going through this but like Haribo1 i have hope also, wishing you a wonderful doc appt and there is a beautiful heartbeat pumping away on that screen ((big hugs))
  • Options

Thank you ladies. All of your kind words mean so much.

Karen, I am beside myself in sorrow for you. I think of you so often. I am sending huge hugs your way.

I called the dr this am and scheduled the ultrasound for friday and THEY went ahead and scheduled the D and C at the hospital. This really bothered me but I am sure I am being overly sensitive at the moment. Then this afternoon, I called back and said we would come in Monday for an ultrasound and decide after that if I would do a D and C or wait out a natural one. In one week we went from empty sac to a yolk sac so I want to wait the full 7 days to be sure there is no heartbeat before we say goodbye. We didn't have another baby in our plan a month ago but this experience has given us hope.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I would be furious with your doc for scheduling a D&C before the Fri u/s.

I'm praying you'll see a hb on Mon u/s. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"