April 2012 Moms
Options

Always a blowout in the car seat?

Anyone else have this problem? He always has a blowout whenever he poops while in his car seat. Otherwise, it doesn't happen 99% of the time. 
imageimageimage
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Always a blowout in the car seat?

• Options
    We always seem to have them when we go out to eat. Literally, while we are eating! lol
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    vtwd40vtwd40 member
    We CD, so we don't really have blowouts, but I ALWAYS have to change her diaper cover if she poops in her seat. Normally, I can just change the cloth underneath and reuse the cover, when she's in the seat, the poop looks like it dove through the legs holes and coated the outside. Gross
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh god, I'm glad I haven't had that yet. I've had sooo many blowouts too. Do you have to take all the fabric off to wash the carseat?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

imagevtwd40:
    We CD, so we don't really have blowouts, but I ALWAYS have to change her diaper cover if she poops in her seat. Normally, I can just change the cloth underneath and reuse the cover, when she's in the seat, the poop looks like it dove through the legs holes and coated the outside. Gross

This. Thankfully we haven't had a leak with our CDs, but it's definitely a huge mess of a change if he poops in the car seat. I think it's the position they're in with their pressure on the bum that sends the poo in to a frenzy.

• Options
    We have had quite a few blowouts while in the car seat. It is quite the mess!! I think you are right funky monkey about the position they are in to make this happen. 
  • Options
    alge44alge44 member
    DD always does this too. Like others said, I think it's the position and the pressure on thier bottoms. The poop just has no where to go! 
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Had it happen on the way to daycare on Friday.  Had to walk in and ask to change him while I cleaned the seat.  Ewww
  • Options
    It has happened several times for us. We have to clean it out really well!
    A - 4/27/12     D - 7/14/14
  • Options

Our straps are stained from one major blow out and it grosses me out. 

Weve had several blow outs in the jumperoo and Exersaucer too. The jumperoo ended up with poop on the floor. His feet reach the bottom of the Exersaucer so he stomped in it once. Not good.  Me: Aw, your feet are so cute. Hmmmm, why are they wet. Oh God..... 

Good times..... 

• Options

It's something about the positioning of the carseat...

and the bumbo, bouncer, high chair, etc. lol. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagefunkymonkeyohyeahhh:

imagevtwd40:

This. Thankfully we haven't had a leak with our CDs, but it's definitely a huge mess of a change if he poops in the car seat. I think it's the position they're in with their pressure on the bum that sends the poo in to a frenzy.

We have only ever had 2 blowouts, and those were both when she was 2 weeks old and still in disposables.  Our cloth diapers will sometimes leak urine in the carseat but that is it, it has never actually got on the carseat though.  Reading all these blowout stories make me sooo glad we cloth diaper...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"