August 2011 Moms

Back from vacation hell

We thought we would take a chance and take the kids to the Dells along with Dh's family. Bad idea. Regardless of my hate for Water Parks, it just wasn't for DD. The weekend before we left we bought a new car. Great upgrade compared to the 2000 boxy Jeep Cherokee we've been squeezing into. Third row seating and all. Well because of the amount of room we have we ended up having DH's parents ride with us. What would have been a 3 hour trip turned into 5. FIL needed to stop every 15-20 mins to pee. Mil was sitting next to DD on one side and is very loud and smothering. DD clearly did not want her next to her. She cried the entire time. We get to the resort and finally a little calmer, and DD and I decided to take a dip. A life guard comes up to me and says DD can not be in the water without a life jacket. I knew before I even put it on her that she wouldn't wear it. I then notice other moms in the pool holding their LO's without a jacket. I ask why nothing was being said and she said because your baby is older. I said she's not even one yet and doesn't walk. She said, oh well she's on the chunkier side so I thought she was much older. Are you effing kidding me? She still wouldn't let us in the water so we basically walked around for four days doing mostly nothing. She didn't sleep a wink. Finally we were leaving for home and I went into one of the locker/shower rooms to change her diaper and clothes and she was freaking out as usual(she has a phobia being changed/laid down anywhere but home) and some old lady was getting out of her bathing suit and while getting nekked decided that was an appropriate time to soothe my daughter with her tits a foot from her face! Nice. Oh and DD also does not poop anywhere but home in her little corner. So no poop for four days=pissy baby. We get home at 10 at night and by the grace of god she was asleep. I put her in her crib and walk out. I forget I had the paci clipped to her so I go in and she's asleep but she pooped! I of course had to change her. How did she know she was home?!? On the plus side I was able to take her on the merry go round ride and she loved it! We did that for a good hour. Also DS had a blast! You get any drink of your liking if you made it through this. I've had many since being home.

Re: Back from vacation hell

• Sorry the trip was not the best. At least you are home now and can get back in your groove.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Wow... I have to admit I lol'ed at the part about the old lady in the dressing room. And now I have the image of naked old lady stuck in my head...

I hope that you and your DD have a relaxing couple of days to recover from the stress!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • ::clincks drink with shanado::

Home sweet home, mama. Sound slike it was a very stressful vacation :(

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I damn near lost my mind! That was just the half of it trust me. SIL and MIL let the life guard have it and all that did was have them watch me close. Every time I looked up 3 life guards were watching me. Never again! The resort itself was really nice though.
  • On the plus side we have a sweet new car. 2012 Ford Expedition. Silver. It's so roomy! It's nice to have windows that roll down :p
  • Ugh!  I hate car trips with family.  I always ride in the backseat with the kids because other people just can't seem to read my children and end up annoying the sh!t out of them and they scream the whole time.  Vacations are so much work!

I'm glad you're home.  But, OMG, if a nekkid old woman waggled her saggy boobs in my kid's face I don't know what I would have done.  

Your baby was probably all..

funny gifs
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • eesomeeesome member
    Oh wow...I'm so sorry!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Ugh! Sorry! This sounds like my vacation also! We had a 15 hour car trip with a screaming baby, never again!

I'm sure it's nice to be home!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Sorry about your vacation but glad to know we were not the only ones having a sh!tty vacation. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"