Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Crib Transitioning!!!

ok, i have tried the crib a few times around 2 or 3 weeks and DS lied there for about 10 minutes and then started crying. so then i decided to buy a co-sleeper and that worked fine. Now im ready to try again and im looking for suggestions as to how i should go about doing this. what has worked for you? what hasnt?

TIA! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Pregnancy Ticker Anniversary
                                     §Aug15 Siggy Challege: Favorite TV/Movie Mean Girl§
                                                       Dr.Bailey from Grey's Anatomy

Re: Crib Transitioning!!!

• What was the baby sleeping in before the cosleeper? if it was a Rock n Play you may not have any issue since your LO is now use to sleeping flat.  With DD I just put her in the crib the same way I would in the cosleeper and all was fine.  It was way harder on me LOL.  We plan to do the same thing with DS at around 3 or 4 months old. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagesnicksnack:
    What was the baby sleeping in before the cosleeper? if it was a Rock n Play you may not have any issue since your LO is now use to sleeping flat.  With DD I just put her in the crib the same way I would in the cosleeper and all was fine.  It was way harder on me LOL.  We plan to do the same thing with DS at around 3 or 4 months old. 

We don have a rnp but i wish we did. it sounds very useful.

Pregnancy Ticker Anniversary
                                         §Aug15 Siggy Challege: Favorite TV/Movie Mean Girl§
                                                           Dr.Bailey from Grey's Anatomy
  • Loading the player...
  • We had LO in the napper part of the pack n play for the first 8 or so weeks, so it was basically flat. She is always swaddled at night. Then for 11 days we went away and she slept in the RNP at night swaddled. 3 weeks ago we just started putting her in there at night swaddled and it worked. Just this morning I tried a nap and she slept for 1 hr unswaddled - i had to put my hands on her arms and chest to help her fall asleep bc of the arm reflexes. And in the past I had tried short naps in the crib. I think just keep trying napping in it or let her play in there for as long as she'll go. Maybe try a luvie also (you can sleep with this so it smells like you and put it in the crib they are safe - not a SIDS risk).
  • Wow...I always feel like the odd one out!

I just put Lily in her crib one night about 2 weeks ago...and she went right to sleep. Been sleeping in there ever since.

I say try a couple naps a day in the crib just so baby gets used to it...then go from there.

Good Luck :)

Lilybug Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We are working on this same thing. My DS is 7 weeks and we have the pack-n-play that has the bassinette and changing table attachments. Unfortunately, the bassinette part is not flat, so transitioning him to the crib is taking some work. It's like he doesn't know what to do with being flat. I bought a sound machine and he loves the classical music. At first we started with putting him in for his naps after he was asleep so he would wake up in the crib and start to get used to it. After about a week we started trying to get him to sleep in it. Last night, for the first time, I put him down (awake) turned on his music and within 10min he was asleep. Such a small victory but I was thrilled! I also let him fuss...sometimes he'll put himself back to sleep. But once he starts really crying I go in and calm him back down.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Since your baby liked the co-sleeper maybe you could try using the crib in the same way - this has been working really well for us. You just remove one side of the crib and push it up against your bed (make sure its at the same height as the bed and pushed up really tight). I also lay baby perpendicular to me, so that if he starts rolling over he won't roll into my bed or into the little dip between our matresses. Maybe it will help your babe get used to the crib if you are right nearby to comfort : )

Oh yeah, not sure if this could be your baby's issue with the crib but my baby couldnt' stand our bassinet because the sheets were always cold (they were regular cotton sheets) - everytime we laid him down in it he would sleep for a few minutes then freak out as you mentioned. We had flannel sheets for the crib and he greatly prefers them. I think the transition from being held all warm to suddenly cold sheets bothered him.

Good luck : )

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"