Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

going back to work next week :(

Oh...I wish I could be a SAHM....or at least stay with LO until he is 6 months old.

I am not looking forward to leaving him and fear this will mess up my supply.

Anyone else going back to work? 

Re: going back to work next week :(

• Options
    Yes :(... oh well and the worst part is i get to go back to school as well. Im finishing my degree in occupational therapy.
  • Options
    I actually resigned from my job today. I couldn't leave her. I'll go back next school year when she is 16 months old. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I am only going back PT in September, but I need to do my doctoral research, which includes driving 70 mi to my school. I will try to bring LO with and I do most of my work from home.

I never thought of being a SAHM, but I cannot think of leaving her just yet.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    I go back August 9. I love my job and am proud of my career, but I am sad at how quickly the time has gone, and regret that the first three weeks of his life are a blur of tears, sleeplessness, and frustration over breastfeeding. I really feel robbed of that time and hate that I'm going back just as we're getting into a groove. I am sure I will be coming home (my mom is going to be watching him at our house) for lunch for a while to be with him.
  • Options

Today was my first day back. I only get 6 weeks. With DD1 I was a mess and really struggled for awhile. With DD2 I was ok with working and it is nice to get out of the house without 2 small kids.

My advice is to take it one day at a time when you return. It might take a good month or so before you really feel like you have a routine established. You need to remember that being a mother is about what you do with your time together, not how much time you get.

eta:

I was able to EBF/pump DD1 until she turned 1 and I plan on doing the same with DD2. It also helps that this time around, I started my freezer stash as soon as my milk came in. I have around 200oz stored away if we need it. Just make sure you are pumping every few hours while at work. With DD1, I would also pump at 2am (she was STTN so she didn't need to nurse) to help build my stash.

"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body."
    Goodbye little angel(7/22/2011)....see you in heaven
    Goodbye my second angel (9/18/2011)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagejennyann28:
    I actually resigned from my job today. I couldn't leave her. I'll go back next school year when she is 16 months old. 

I wish this were the case for me!  

• Options

Ugh! I go back on Monday, she will be almost 9 weeks. Sad

At least I found a great sitter and I'm only about 5 minutes away. Solunch breaks...I'll probably be there LOL

UGH! SUCKS!!!

Lilybug Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagejennyann28:

These comments kind of bother me.   I'm sure if you were going to loose your house or your health benefits you'd find a way to leave her.  Just makes it seem like those of us who have to work have no problem leaving our LOs.  I'm very thankful to be able to stay home till DS is 6 months.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Teterboro 5K 7/16/11 23:22 Tenafly 5K 6/5/11 26:48 1st in age group and stroller division Teterboro 5K 7/17/10 24:42 Lincoln Tunnel 5K 4/25/10 28:18 4 1/2 weeks pp Teterboro Airport 5K 7/18/09 22:35 3rd place age group 4 1/2 weeks pregnant Long Branch 1/2 5/3/09 1:51:07 Lincoln Tunnel 5K 4/26/09 22:22 NJEA 5K 11/7/08 22:30 2nd place age group Westchester 1/2 10/12/08 1:50:16 Teterboro Airport 5K 7/19/08 23:43 Long Branch 1/2 5/4/08 1:54:18 Giant Stadium 5K 4/26/08 error in timing Hackensack 5K 10/14/07 23:55 1st place in age group
  • Options
    imagemegann831:

imagejennyann28:

These comments kind of bother me.   I'm sure if you were going to loose your house or your health benefits you'd find a way to leave her.  Just makes it seem like those of us who have to work have no problem leaving our LOs.  I'm very thankful to be able to stay home till DS is 6 months.

I am sure that is not what she meant. Good for her she had this option. I would do the same if I could. Doesn't make me less of a mom.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    imagemegann831:

imagejennyann28:

I doubt that's what she meant.  Besides, we have no idea what adjustments she and her family have had to make for this decision.  Everyone's situation is different... 

DS: June 2012
    MC: July 2015 8w5d

• Options
    imagemegann831:

imagejennyann28:

Yeah, way to totally read into that one wrong.  We actually are sacrificing a lot in order for this to happen, and even if I DID go back to work, I'd only be taking home about $400 after paying for daycare. I was merely commiserating - I feel for the OP, not wanting to leave her LO. I loved my job, and I will be working in the future, I just couldn't leave her.

But thanks for your judgement.  

• Options
    imagemegann831:

imagejennyann28:

Oh, and I'd never be in danger of "loosing" my house. If we were going to LOSE it, though, yes, I'd find a way.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"