Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Gall bladder surgery

I woke up today with awful abdominal pain AND a clogged milk duct.  I went to the doctor and found out I have gall stones and need my gall bladder removed.  :(  Anyone else have this happen to them??
Lilypie First Birthday tickers image

Re: Gall bladder surgery

• I had mine out a few years ago.  I had an inflamed gallbladder and had BAD problems with it.  The surgery isn't bad.  Three small incisions plus your belly button.  I was sore for a few days but returned to my teaching job 3 days after the surgery.  You have to have a low in fat/grease diet for a few weeks after the surgery, but then your diet can go back to normal.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers 
  • Yes. It was an out-patient surgery so I was in at 6 am and home by 2 pm. It was a Thursday and I went back to work Monday. It was done laparoscopically so I have three small scars from the incision sites (under bra line, right of belly, and bellybutton). The pain after was mostly from getting up or laughing when the ab muscles were disturbed. That and having the plastic coverings over the incisions removed (like a band-aid x 1000 on the sticky scale).

Just stay on top of your meds after and you'll be good. I had to do a bland diet before and after and slowly got brave enough to eat normal food. I still have trigger foods (fats and acids) but it's way better than living with the pain.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Consider yourself lucky to be nipping it in the bud before it gets bad. My OB's office kept calling it gas even though I was in pain..... I didn't get to the ER til I was crawling on all 4s around my living room screaming. I had a stone the size of a quarter lodged in there and it was causing my chest to swell horribly against my rib cage. My surgeon said it was one of the worst cases he had seen in a while. Honestly, it is a pretty routine surgery, so try not to sweat it. Just take it easy on yourself a couple days after surgery, but still get moving. You will feel sore, but it will be nothing compared to the pain of a severe gall bladder attack
  • Thanks everyone.  I feel like I am just getting over my C-section pain so I am not looking forward to more pain.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"