Natural Birth

Water birth? Which pool did you use?

I've been searching for water birth pools for a homebirth, and there are a heck of a lot of options out there. Anyone have any feedback on what they've used and what they liked/didn't like about them?

Re: Water birth? Which pool did you use?

• I used this pool. Yes, it's a kiddie pool. But it was more than large enough and deep enough. I had plenty of room to try different positions. Though I was just planning on laboring in the water with A., and getting out to push, it was so wonderful to be in the tub that she ended up being a waterbirth.

Though it's currently unavailable from that website, I am sure you will be able to find it elsewhere.

I would definitely recommend this pool versus a an actual birth pool, especially considering the price difference.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I ended up buying Birth Pool in a Box. I was happy with it, although I did not end up delivering in the pool. I was planning it, but felt more effective pushing out of the water.
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • We ended up using our stand alone bath tub and just using hot glue to seal the top drain so we could add a higher water level if needed. I am only 5'2" so this worked great. I didn't love the ugly black Rubbermaid tub my MW offered and it turned out that we wouldn't have had time to set up a birth tub.
  • https://www.yourwaterbirth.com/la-bassine-eco-water-birth-pools-la-bassine-pool-liner-cover-combo-p-1931.html

I was thinking about this one. I'm afraid our tub would just not work for what I'm thinking. So many more options than the last time I birthed. How did y'all keep the water warm when you used a stand-alone pool?

• *LrCg**LrCg* member

My midwife offers a tub you can rent from her.  Generally your 37 week appointment is at your house and she brings all the supplies then.  My first came at 37 weeks (4 days prior to our home visit).  It was a very fast birth and by the time our midwife got there there was no time to set up.  So I just did it in our bathtub (its a bit bigger then a regular tub not as big as a garden tub).  I already had that plastic cap that you put on your overflow so you can have deeper baths so we just used that.  I was very comfortable and never had an issue.  After that experience I just planned on using our tub again.  I do know that everyone raves about the "fishy" pool because you can also use it in the summer for your toddler.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"