December 2011 Moms
Options

WWYD? Taking LO to Olympic Soccer match?

There are tickets still left for women's soccer quarterfinals. The games are being played in Glasgow, Scotland (3 hour drive) and New Castle, England (5 hour drive) The games are both on Friday, the US women's team is more likely to be playing in New Castle. We had no idea that the games were relatively close to us and tickets would still be available. I would really love to see a match, I grew up playing soccer..would you take LO to an Olympic soccer game? I'm worried about the noise levels, but opportunities like this do not come around often.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

sibling love  

Re: WWYD? Taking LO to Olympic Soccer match?

• Options

I would with ear protection.

We are taking LO to the folk festival this year. It's a summer highlight for us. We will attend with proper ear protection and weather wear.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    You should go!  Like you said, opportunities like this don't come around often.  She won't remember going but she can look back at pictures and know she was at the Olympics.  But I agree, make sure to have some kind of ear protection to block the noise.
    GO HOKIES!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would not but its because I don't like crowds or long car trips.  I guess I'm a hermit.  Stick out tongue
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    i would take her w/ some baby banz- they are ear protection and they have them for infants. i bought it to take my DD to a baseball game. 
  • Options
    I don't like soccer, so no. DD had gone to 3 professional baseball games(inside), several minor league baseball games, and at 3 months old went to a spring training game. All of these were closer drives but we have driven with her on vacation to the Florida Keys which is about a 6-7.5 hour drive depending on traffic and stops.

• Options
    That sounds like fun!!  You may never have this opportunity again, so go and enjoy it!!  I'm sure you can find some kind of ear protection for LO before then.
    imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imagevedwards:
    You should go!  Like you said, opportunities like this don't come around often.  She won't remember going but she can look back at pictures and know she was at the Olympics.  But I agree, make sure to have some kind of ear protection to block the noise.

This! 

IVF #1: 4-11-11= Transferred 1 beautiful blastocyst I named "Nugget"
    5 Snowbabies! Beta#1 4/21= BFP! 226; Beta#2 4/25= 944
    DS born 12/14/11

Baby #2 FET Nov/Dec 2013

12/13 Beta#1=BFP 349; 12/16 Beta#2=1,089. First ultrasound 12/26. DS#2 born 8/8/14
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
    ~~PAIF/SAIF Always Welcome~~

• Options
    ccip82ccip82 member

Thanks everyone for your input! We just ordered the tickets for the match in New Castle!!! It's highly likely that is where the US will be playing, but we find out for sure after the games tomorrow night! 

Im going to look for headphones for E.  

________________________________________________________________________________________________

sibling love  

• Options

You should only go if you post pictures so we can see!  :P

(Also, what pp are saying about ear protection...)

• Options

I would go as going to any Olympic event is on my bucket list :). I would take standing in the street watching the marathon!  

Im jealous and hope you have a great time.  Take lots of pics for us! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"