Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Installing MaxiCosi infant seat with base

DH spent like 3 hours trying to figure this out yesterday and he's so frustrated!  Are there any tips we should know about?  We followed the directions, but just couldn't pull the latches or seat belt tight enough to prevent more than 1-2 inches of movement.  Help??
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Installing MaxiCosi infant seat with base

• Options

Where are you positioning the seat?  Side or middle?

It helps to stick your knee into the seat and push down to get a good tight fit. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Options

make sure you are only pulling at the belt path (aka where the belt enters) - an infant seat will move up and down if you pull from the back (like towards the front of the car) as they are meant to 'tip' towards the back of the seat.

And also - (forgive me for this if you already are doing this - I've seen some STRANGE things) - you are putting it so the baby faced the back of the car right?

Another thing.. with the seatbelt - does your seatbelt lock?  (aka you pull it all the way out and it makes a clicking noise as it starts going back in?)

Lastely - where are you location wise?  Maybe we can find you a tech! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

thanks gals - yes we are placing it rear-facing, behind the driver's seat (there are no latches in the center of the back seat).  I have a 2008 Lincoln SUV.

Not sure if he tries to "lock" the belt before pulling, we'll give that a shot.

I was disappointed not to find ANY youtube videos showing this seat's installation.

I've heard there are "installation inspection stations" in most towns, maybe I'll check that out.

It shouldn't be this hard, right?!?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    my DH had to put ALL of his weight on it to get it tight.  He is a big guy! I could never install the stupid thing.
  • Options

It sounds like you might be trying to use latch and the seatbelt?

YOu should use one or the other.. personally I have some seats I put in my car (and others) where I can't get a good install with latch - so you might try the seatbelt..

What city / state are you in?  YOu will want to make sure you are seeing a certified tech and not someone at Babies R us (who isn't certified - they have both sometimes :) ) or a police man or fire man (They try but if they aren't certified sometimes they dont' know it all) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"