August 2011 Moms
Options

What size?

What size fall/winter clothes are you buying LO?  G is still on the smaller side and can wear some 9 month clothes but mostly in 12 months...18 swollow him.  Who knows when if it will get cold but everyone keeps asking what size...
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Re: What size?

• Options

I would get 12 and 18 month for the colder weather. Leave the tags on the 18m so you can exchange them if needed.

I am getting 18 and 24m cold weather stuff for Alex.

• Options

I think it depends on what brand. Our LO tends to be in his month bracket but on some items such as Carters or Gerber it runs small so we go up a size.

So if anyone asks what size to get our LO we say 18months or larger.

* I would say ask for 18months

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DD is tall, but skinny, so she is also still fitting into 9 months for some of her summer clothes.  I'm just telling everyone to buy 12 months or 12-18 months ranged clothes if they ask. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I am asking for 18m for DD. She is pretty thin for her age and still wears 12m clothes, easily. 18m should be able to get us pretty close to spring, and I can always buy 24m if I need to. I would rather do that than have a bunch of 24m she won't wear.
    nataliepic350 photo nataliepic350.jpg photo 099_zps0c6fc5c8.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Ask for 18m, then hit up the sales (or ask Santa) for 24m at Christmas.

Watch out on Gerber sleepwear - it's sized smaller than the regular clothes. (Size chart here.)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

A lot of our family asked what to get DS for his birthday.  I gave them a few options, but included toys.  I told them to get 12 months in shorts, t-shirts, summer wear.  And 18mos for long sleeves, pants, fall/winter wear. 

DS is pretty small, we have been putting him in a 3 month onsie thinking it was a 9 month.  Every time I put it on him I'd think "Geez have you really outgrown 9 month already?!?!"  LOL  It wasn't so tight that I realized it was 2 sizes smaller than his other clothes, but tight enough to make me think it was time to buy the next size. 

It is so hard to predict what size they will be wearing in a few months, because you don't have a clue when their next growth spurt is going to happen.  I try not to buy too far in advance simply because I worry about it not fitting him the 'right' season.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We're just moving into 9 mo, and I think it'll take us into March (seeing as they've been in 6 mo since Jan).
  • Options
    18 and 24 mos. DD is tall 95%.  she is already in 18 mos now and won't wear winter clothes until November.  I plan on wearing her cotton dresses with leggings in Sept/Oct
  • Options
    DD sounds about the same she is in some 6-9 months and mostly 12 months. I have started buying 18 months for winter clothes and 24 months for next summer. 
    Ella 8.6.11
    Carson 3.28.13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"